Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:10 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

the way some folks drive-- yeahhh scary,,, and the insurance? who is covered if-- nahh,,, too many risks anymore and I am talking bout my sis,,, she driving- texting -talking w 3 clients and trying to make a meeting,,, and a showing, and trying to figure out what school is by some house shes selling..,, yea I won't ride with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM

768 posts, read 859,390 times
As long as you see the properties you want to see, and you do not feel that the entire afternoon/morning, etc, was a waste of time, then who cares how you get there? I liked my clients to follow in their own car so they could speak freely. If they disappeared in the parking lot, well, that happens. Children preclude riding in the car with realtors. I actually had a man attempt to "light up" in the backseat of my car. That wasn't happening again and I did tell him, "no one smokes in my car". As far as "only" 63 fatalities....well, if one of those was a good friend of yours, as was mine in Wisconsin, then you re-think how you deal with the public. She met him at a house he had said he had seen before. She was 65 and just asked him if he was working with anyone and why would he want a home so large? He robbed her, beat her and burned her. Therefore, lead, follow or get out of the way!

Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKrause1 View Post
As long as you see the properties you want to see, and you do not feel that the entire afternoon/morning, etc, was a waste of time, then who cares how you get there? I liked my clients to follow in their own car so they could speak freely. If they disappeared in the parking lot, well, that happens. Children preclude riding in the car with realtors. I actually had a man attempt to "light up" in the backseat of my car. That wasn't happening again and I did tell him, "no one smokes in my car". As far as "only" 63 fatalities....well, if one of those was a good friend of yours, as was mine in Wisconsin, then you re-think how you deal with the public. She met him at a house he had said he had seen before. She was 65 and just asked him if he was working with anyone and why would he want a home so large? He robbed her, beat her and burned her. Therefore, lead, follow or get out of the way!
I wonder how many realtors in reality have a clue about the danger and liability they put themselves into by getting clients in their car.

First of all hardly any agent will ask for an ID and making a copy of it prior to leaving for a showing. Some will let others know where they will go but not 100% of the time.

Than what Lynn describes is another huge factor. Recently an agent pulled up at our office with a client in her car and she was smoking in the car but holding the sigarrette outside the window... after being asked not to smoke.

This buyer did close on the house so the agent was happy but she had a hard time getting through to this buyer to respect the agents car and wishes for not to smoke and also the buyer had her stop at a fast food restaurant and the buyer told her she can't stand to eat in so the buyer was eating in her car and spilled foot all over the car.

Most clients will not act like this one but do you know upfront what to expect? I would only do it if I would know the client for a longer time but not with a new strange client. No offense to any buyer since most people are good but it goes both ways. Do you know the other person and their driving style and how they will react while being distracted during a conversation...?

Old 04-03-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnKrause1 View Post
I am sorry about your friend,,, sad and horrifying... We live in the times we live in... and we must change accordingly, specially with the public- again better save than sorry, and if you won't buy a house because they won't drive you around, there will be another who will. You take a risk getting in a car & not know if that person is a good driver etc. It's sad- but its reality

Old 04-04-2013, 10:45 AM

693 posts, read 1,138,276 times
Among many jobs in my lifetime like being deployed to Iraq during the 1st Gulf War in 91, or working in a crematory touching dead bodies all day, these risks are part of life, you cant mitigate them away.

Years ago I was a car salesman for a few years and I would go out on test drives if someone had a license all day long. After a few years and a couple of hundred of rides sitting in the passenger seat next to drivers of all types I only bailed out of one car when it was obvious this wasn't a test drive. Made a call and was picked up by a coworker and got right back in another test drive.

I guess I see realtors as something different. I see them as part of my purchase. What are you doing to make customers take off in a parking lot, lol. I want to discuss everything about the home, our feelings / thoughts, etc WITH the realtor.

Really surprised at the posts on here by realtors and past/future buyers.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:29 PM

In your line of work during the car sales, the insurance is with the car-- anything happens least they pay... cars are dangerous, but empty homes with no lights or neighbors not expecting activity next door, even more- it becomes desolate and dangerous enclosed area. There is usually a very nice office or restaurant to talk about the place before or after. Alot of realtors are women,, looking nice n dressed up... and very friendly... but- Im surprized you are...

Old 04-05-2013, 06:50 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,279 times
Our realtor drove us around, in fact two realtors, on three occasions. This was to see multiple properties, perhaps 10 or 12 in one day--no way we would have found all these places on our own, so being driven in comfort by someone who knew the area was the right thing to do.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 AM

wow thas alot of homes-- hope you found one

Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwanderer View Post
Our realtor drove us around, in fact two realtors, on three occasions. This was to see multiple properties, perhaps 10 or 12 in one day--no way we would have found all these places on our own, so being driven in comfort by someone who knew the area was the right thing to do.
Did the 2 realtors know that you had different people driving you around to show homes...

I'm just asking because if these realtors were not related than one wasted all the gas and time and never got paid a dime....I'm just pointing this out so people are aware what realtors will do to try to help others while in some cases losing money because clients not always have a clue how it works.

Did you end up buying in the end and where you in the realtors car which is the OP thread about...

Old 04-07-2013, 11:28 AM

Me... this be another reason to meet you there,,, spend your gas as well... I'm not a realtor... but I don't like to abuse folks either...I know its part of the game,,, and maybe you win and get a sale... BUT just as there is "good faith money" there MUST be a reason that was invented,,, think bout it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay