Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 12:23 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
WOW!

I had a LOT of respect for you already, but even more now. I really respected fighters. We were so poor that in our first place we slept on the floor (had no furniture or mattress), sat on bundles of newspapers for furniture and listened on a donated old TV on which the picture did not work.....LOL.

I wouldn't trade those hard times for anything. Makes me appreciate everything so much more now.
It's been a long hard road my friend! I really understand about the TV thing, my first TV was a 13 inch black and white with the little knobs that went U-13, then 14-68... LoL and no cable!

Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
How old are you PDF?

You started a thread in the "Tampa Bay" forum titled "Things I miss about Tampa" and proceeded to say that you'll miss nothing. However, in the post quoted above, you say that there is nothing to miss, while in your original post you claimed...

So, which is it? Is there nothing to miss about Florida, or is there?

Maybe you'd have more fond memories if you'd have gotten out and explored more?

The only people turning this thread into a "hate thread" are you and Not_liking_FL.
OK, nevermind. So you're one of those posters.

Why is it so hard to accept that people move away from areas they do not like? Happens every day. There is not some law that says you have to miss something about an area that made you miserable.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:12 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
How old are you PDF?

You started a thread in the "Tampa Bay" forum titled "Things I miss about Tampa" and proceeded to say that you'll miss nothing. However, in the post quoted above, you say that there is nothing to miss, while in your original post you claimed...

So, which is it? Is there nothing to miss about Florida, or is there?

Maybe you'd have more fond memories if you'd have gotten out and explored more?

The only people turning this thread into a "hate thread" are you and Not_liking_FL.
I'm not hating, just correcting your BS statement.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
There is nothing to miss about Florida.
I'm not sure how you can state that, without putting in a statement saying "for you". Many of us love Florida and would miss it immensely. Most everyone I talk to either like it or love it.

Please don't make false statements.

Besides, you started this thread out with:

Quote:
But I do miss Publix.

Though I do find myself appreciating some things about Florida more now that I'm gone, and wished I would have gotten out and explored more. But I guess that always happens.

It ain't so bad.

So which way is it? There is nothing to miss or there is?

Please get your own statements straight in your own thread.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:28 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,891,120 times
Quote:
OK, nevermind. So you're one of those posters.
Where is Gypsychic and Spring Hillian? They might find this amusing...

I've never been accused of being "one of those posters" when it pertains to Florida, however, even I can see a BS thread when one's posted!

Old 04-10-2013, 12:02 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:

I've never been accused of being "one of those posters" when it pertains to Florida, however, even I can see a BS thread when one's posted!
And how again did I make a BS thread? Because I said there is nothing to miss about Florida, then I went on to struggle to come up with things I miss? There wouldn't have been a thread otherwise.

Gee, why so much crap for creating a simple topic.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:28 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,567 times
Quote:
And how again did I make a BS thread? Because I said there is nothing to miss about Florida, then I went on to struggle to come up with things I miss? There wouldn't have been a thread otherwise.

Gee, why so much crap for creating a simple topic.
I do not live in Tampa yet but will be moving down there so it would be like me posting in my old residence forum "Things I Miss about Massachusetts" and go on to state something like 'not much.' Although that does hold some truth, I wouldn't choose to create a thread that would obviously put people who still live there on the defense.

When I first saw the title, I thought how interesting this thread could be, especially for someone like me who is trying to absorb as much knowledge of the area as possible but from the get go, it prompted people to pretty much defend where they are living, and IMHO, I can't blame them.

I don't understand why you would move from an area and return to that forum to state you don't miss much. What kind of answers would you expect other than what you got? Just being honest in the friendliest way I can be.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:31 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,510,660 times
Personally I don't understand why someone leaves Florida for a better life but returns so often to a Florida forum to discuss it.

It reminds me of that quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, scene II " The lady doth protest too much, methinks. "

Me ? When I'm done with something I don't like that's the last I ever want to hear about it, unless someone is a glutton for punishment.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Personally I don't understand why someone leaves Florida for a better life but returns so often to a Florida forum to discuss it.

Ir reminds me of that quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, scene II " The lady doth protest too much, methinks. "

Me ? When I'm done with something that's the last I ever want to hear about it.
lol, agreed. I've started a list of things/places/restaurants I want to do/visit/try before moving because I'm not sure if I'll ever go back!

Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:

Did someone call my name?

Hehe, yeah I saw this thread and wasn't going to post in it, but since my long time buddy from Texas here mentioned me I think I will.

There is nothing wrong with people wanting a change if they felt their lives were boring, not working out, etc. etc., (especially if younger). There is really no other way to see if another place will make you happier or not. Often, a new place will be fun and exciting for a time (the honeymoon phase) which can be months or years depending on the person. But lots of times the honeymoon phase wears off quickly and one starts appreciating the place they left.

In my own case, I am a native; although in a restless phase several years ago, my husband and I bought a second home in Western NC, near the mountains with the idea we would relocate eventually. We remodeled the house and spent some time there off and on for a couple years but by the third year the novelty wore off and I was missing Florida before ever moving! Not even going to go into all the reasons why, but I have sand in my toes and salt in my blood I guess; I love this place.

To the OP - good luck in California, I am sure you will have a great time. If after awhile you think you want to come back, Tampa (or whatever other city you choose) will be here waiting, and you will have a new perspective and appreciation for it.

And to TXRYAN - that welcome back goes double for you, my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay