Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times

Advertisements

Since PhotoProIP is so concerned about finding a solution or suitable job...

Let me google that for you

Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Since PhotoProIP is so concerned about finding a solution or suitable job...

Let me google that for you
What concerns me actually is the ignorance shown on this matter. The lack of empathy. I am not directly involved in this, and hope not to be, but at the same time I can't be oblivious to these people. They are people too. It is a matter of humanity, and also proper placement.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:03 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,805,690 times
Let's not talk about me. This thread is not about me. I got it, you have a child with autism and care about him and I understand you, trust me. But the way you blame MOSI for firing autistic boy is not just right. I agree these kids need to work, but there are some jobs they might be good at and customer service is not one of these jobs. Your suggestion was to move that boy to another position, and you don't care if that other position is even available. You want MOSI to create that position or fire someone else, right? Everything should rotate around special needs people... Sorry, but it's not the case. Don't blame society. If people with disabilities could perform in certain jobs, they need to work in that positions.
And again, we never learned the whole story . If you feel MOSI is not treating eveyone equally, than boycott them and stop b4aching about non existing issue.

Last edited by Sunscape; 04-16-2013 at 03:46 PM..

Old 04-16-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
My wife works for a non profit that works with the Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. People with disabilities go there and get assign a counselor that works with them. Part of my wife's job is to assess the people and determine what kind of job they can do, sometimes is retraining. Once that is identified they help them find jobs, they go with them to interviews. A lot of the people she sees are autistic. I often hear her complain about employers who don't give them a chance.
Well, we never learned how that autistic boy got his job and based on what assumptions/conditions.
I see a lot of disable people working for Publix stores - something very simple of course... It's not employers who don't give chances, it's just economy. We have an unemployment rate at 8%... Everyone who didn't get a job could complain about employer is not giving him a chance...

Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Let's not talk about me. This thread is not about me. I got it, you have a child with autism and care about him and I understand you, trust me. But the way you blame MOSI for firing autistic boy is not just right. I agree these kids need to work, but there are some jobs they might be good at and customer service is not one of these jobs. Your suggestion was to move that boy to another position, and you don't care if that other position is even available. You want MOSI to create that position or fire someone else, right? Everything should rotate around special needs people... Sorry, but it's not the case. Don't blame society. If people with disabilities could perform in certain jobs, they need to work in that positions.
And again, we never learned the whole story and you assumptions regarding MOSI are ignorant. If you feel MOSI is not treating eveyone equally, than boycott them and stop b4aching about non existing issue.

No I don't actually, but because I don't that doesn't make oblivious to those who do have one!
That was not my suggestion, you should read the thread again. I only said these kids don't belong in CS, but I also said that there are normal people who don't belong in CS yet they are still on the job. If you want to see some of the normal people in CS that should not be anywhere near CS you should visit any Lowes store. I never once said everything should revolve around them, please don't make up stuff to suit you! Your comments were flat out rude to someone disabled be it someone in a wheel chair, someone Autistic, or someone with Dawn Syndrome. I said there is a mass lack of empathy, and ignorance in the matter. I did not say the "world has to spin around them"!
MOSI handled this horribly form the get go.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,153 times
Maybe MOSI took a chance on this young man and gave him the job in the first place. Maybe they knew of all the issues, explained the rules to him, and this young employee didn't handle them correctly. Maybe they did everything they could to help this young man out and it just did not work out.

Maybe, Maybe, Maybe. Maybe we don't know the entire story. But if the parents decide to file a lawsuit, then we can in fact read about both sides.

Of course jobs exist for people if they have disabilities. They just have to keep looking and find the right one. So many different levels of Autism and we have no idea which this young man has.

Go ahead and Boycott MOSI if you choose. That is your right as a Consumer. Business is business, and I would like to think that a lot of thought went into this young mans situation before he was fired. Again, I don't know as do none of us. Where did the Original Poster of this thread go to try and shed some light on the entire situation???

Old 04-16-2013, 12:23 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Go ahead and Boycott MOSI if you choose. That is your right as a Consumer. Business is business, and I would like to think that a lot of thought went into this young mans situation before he was fired. Again, I don't know as do none of us. Where did the Original Poster of this thread go to try and shed some light on the entire situation???
The OP did what most people do in this country when they get mad about something. They come in, squawk and crap everywhere like a seagull, then leave when they realize not everyone agrees with their complaint.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:43 PM

66 posts, read 97,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
I know I do. I deal with people like you all the time. Of course, everything changes when something happens to THEM.
No. We deal with our issues on our own, we do not need to drag the public into anything that happens to me or my fam and beg for sympathy...

Old 04-16-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
No I don't actually, but because I don't that doesn't make oblivious to those who do have one!
That was not my suggestion, you should read the thread again. I only said these kids don't belong in CS, but I also said that there are normal people who don't belong in CS yet they are still on the job. If you want to see some of the normal people in CS that should not be anywhere near CS you should visit any Lowes store. I never once said everything should revolve around them, please don't make up stuff to suit you! Your comments were flat out rude to someone disabled be it someone in a wheel chair, someone Autistic, or someone with Dawn Syndrome. I said there is a mass lack of empathy, and ignorance in the matter. I did not say the "world has to spin around them"!
MOSI handled this horribly form the get go.
You remind me someone who was banned on thos forum and that person has a child with autism. I am still 99.9% sure you are that person that's why I said I undestrand your frustrations.
I am not getting rude. I am just all for learning both sides of this story without blaming anyone. You was the one who said "shame on MOSI"

Old 04-16-2013, 12:54 PM

181 posts, read 357,056 times
The disagreement here in public sight is the same disagreement at MOSI. It was obvious that there were managers/HR on both sides of the fence. It was known he had Autism - and that he would need some patients and training in this area. It was talked about and agreed to give him a chance due to his high level of knowledge in marine biology compared to other candidates. In addition he had a positive work history in CS. If your paycheck could stop - and likely would - you would remain fairly quiet as well. I love MOSI in general - but I was hurt at this decision and still am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay