Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:42 AM

861 posts, read 1,456,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
You forgot the zombies.

Miami is superficial, kind of a sin city like LA or Las Vegas. Even though I enjoy visiting (I like their downtown), I find Tampa or better say Tampa Bay, more down to earth. Tampa area is better to raise family; Miami better to be single until you realize there's more to life than partying and other superficial mambo jambo.

If I lived in South FL I'd wanna be in Jupiter or even Stuart/Jensen beach. The further down you go, the crazier it gets.
Yeah, this pretty much sums it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
Tampa may not compare to Miami, but its no slouch when compared to the average American city. Drive up and down Howard on a Friday night. The restaurant parking lots are filled with high end cars. There are plenty of bentleys, Ferraris, Porsches, lambos and vipers up and down SOHO.
That may be true, but my post was just commenting on Miami. For what it's worth, Tampa is still far outnumbered by the exotic cars on South Beach. Those cars you listed are as common down there as Civics are here.

My friends and I went to LIV at Fontainebleau one night and laughed when people tried to act like high rollers while pulling up in Ferraris. We figured the bouncers would say "Big deal" when they would want to get in front of the line.

Side note. LIV is nice but I wouldn't want to go there often, if at all anymore. Arkadia is more my style.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:06 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
That may be true, but my post was just commenting on Miami. For what it's worth, Tampa is still far outnumbered by the exotic cars on South Beach. Those cars you listed are as common down there as Civics are here.

My friends and I went to LIV at Fontainebleau one night and laughed when people tried to act like high rollers while pulling up in Ferraris. We figured the bouncers would say "Big deal" when they would want to get in front of the line.

Side note. LIV is nice but I wouldn't want to go there often, if at all anymore. Arkadia is more my style.

you can't identify so you laugh/// too funny

Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
you can't identify so you laugh/// too funny
We were laughing because they thought they were all that, when they were a dime a dozen.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:03 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
hey - they got what they got,,, and I don't laugh at what you got- or NOT- to each his own and I'm happy with me... My parents taught me never to laugh at anyone.. period. we all have our own ways and thank God live in a country where we can express it.. we have that freedom -YEY! viva le difference!!

Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 PM

84 posts, read 167,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
Tampa may not compare to Miami, but its no slouch when compared to the average American city. Drive up and down Howard on a Friday night. The restaurant parking lots are filled with high end cars. There are plenty of bentleys, Ferraris, Porsches, lambos and vipers up and down SOHO.
I think I've only seen one Lambo the whole time I've been here. Guess I need to get out more.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
hey - they got what they got,,, and I don't laugh at what you got- or NOT- to each his own and I'm happy with me... My parents taught me never to laugh at anyone.. period. we all have our own ways and thank God live in a country where we can express it.. we have that freedom -YEY! viva le difference!!
I think you're misunderstanding. We weren't laughing at what they did or didn't have. We were laughing at the fact that the owners expected preferential treatment because of what they were driving, when what they were driving was not anywhere near the value of other cars that were pulling up.

It's comparable to 10 Civics pulling up to a club in Tampa and complaining about not getting in, when one Ferrari driver can get in easily.

Only at LIV, it was 10 Ferrari drivers complaining and one matte black Veyron driver having no issues. This is the comparison between Tampa and Miami I was trying to convey. I could not care less what people have or don't have... it's their entitlement complex that I find amusing.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabaygal View Post
I think I've only seen one Lambo the whole time I've been here. Guess I need to get out more.
I've seen a matte black Lambo and matte black M3 driving around before. Gave me a chubby. Also, I see a handful of Aston Martins and Maseratis driving around.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:31 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
Mr Bean will be attending the local club scene tonight in his Austin Mini 1000. Who cares who drives what. This crap is too superficial for the average residents of TB or Miami.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Mr Bean will be attending the local club scene tonight in his Austin Mini 1000. Who cares who drives what. This crap is too superficial for the average residents of TB or Miami.
Where is Mr. Bean going to be tonight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay