Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:40 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffellen View Post
I heard Wesley Chapel has alot of nudists so we want to stay away from that area if it is true. Lutz has good schools. What about the Brandon/Ruskin/ Riverview area. Is it ruin down? My sister lives in Bradenton so that is an option. UUGGHH! We have to move in 4 weeks. Please help!
LOL..where did you hear Wesley Chapel has alot of nudists? It's urban sprawl at its finest(brand new subdivisions, big box stores, chain retail and restaurants everywhere, lots of new construction).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 09:38 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
There are a lot of good areas in Tampa. How far do you want to drive to work? What area will the job be located in? How much do you want to pay for rent or buy? Are schools important?

I know someone posted on here that there were nudist colonies in Pasco county, and there are, but it isn't like the ppl run around nude on the streets. The biggest one in Pasco is in Land O lakes, if you drive by it looks like condos behind a concrete wall, with a guard to keep ppl out who don't belong. Heck, I use to drive by it and did not know that is what it was. They just want to be able to live their lifestyle without prying eyes.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:32 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedAChangeFromFL View Post
There are no good places to live in FL, LOL....especially the Tampa area. It is overridden with crime, extremely unfriendly people, it is SO overcrowded that it's not even funny....the list could go on for days.

Why don`t you get out then if it is that bad. You just go around complaining on this board.

Do something!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:35 PM

58 posts, read 51,707 times
i would not live in tampa, i dont think anyway, but to say that all of fla is bad... not true. i am a native, and i have seen the changes, and i dont think many of them are good changes. south fla, orlando, and tampa, imo, isnt fla. it's a mixture of ny and nj, and foreign countries. but i do think there are some good places to live still here in fla.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:59 PM

22 posts, read 115,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFLGal View Post
we live in Bradenton and some areas are very nice.. Its not a bad place to start though. East bradenton is much nicer than west, but west offers close proximity to the beaches. Everyone I talk to that lives here loves it. I just prefer East over west because their can be a bit of crime in the western area..
Yeah i agree with you .. i live out in the border line of Northwest and West and i love it out here but if i was going to choose from West/Northwest or East, i would pick east like the area near the I75

Old 12-03-2007, 05:01 PM

22 posts, read 115,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
We put a bid on a house in Bradenton. 34212,hope this is a nice area!
34212? oh yeah definatly. You actually pick the best area in Bradenton.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:16 AM

13 posts, read 55,622 times
I would look at Citrus County or North St. Lucie County. Sugar Mill Woods or Citrus Hills in Citrus or Panther Woods in St. Lucie.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:14 PM

177 posts, read 257,638 times
Thanks for the thumbs up on 34212.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:02 PM

Location: temporarily corporate housing in washington d.c area, but a los angeles resident.
19 posts, read 119,352 times
Default I like it...

Tiffellen and newenglandyankee....I moved to Bradenton (34212) in October and really like it. My hubby works in St. Petersburg and we originally didn't think about looking this far south because of the distance. But...even tho miles wise this is further...time wise, it the same or even quicker than other places we were checking out. I really like it here...tons of golf courses...sarasota not far...beautiful beaches...and a new mall is going up at I-75 and University. It will be called University Town Center...with a Nordstrom and Nieman Marcus...wahoo! Everyone has different opinions on what works for them....for us...this is wonderful!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:08 AM

849 posts, read 3,528,219 times
Wink you'd be better off

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabound View Post
Tiffellen and newenglandyankee....I moved to Bradenton (34212) in October and really like it. My hubby works in St. Petersburg and we originally didn't think about looking this far south because of the distance. But...even tho miles wise this is further...time wise, it the same or even quicker than other places we were checking out. I really like it here...tons of golf courses...sarasota not far...beautiful beaches...and a new mall is going up at I-75 and University. It will be called University Town Center...with a Nordstrom and Nieman Marcus...wahoo! Everyone has different opinions on what works for them....for us...this is wonderful!

crossing the Sunshine Skyway and up 275 to the "frankenstein" (howard frankland) bridge and hopping off at International Plaza if you want those stores now It's about 40 mi. but the other way is pretty long too and the semis on 75 think they're all in NASCAR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay