Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 12:36 AM

11 posts, read 31,888 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
I know that this is another question on a similar topic.

First off we wanted South Tampa, we were willing to go $800 over BAH (up to about $3500) to avoid a commute but needed something over 2200 square feet and in Mabry/Gorrie or Roosevelt school. We have hunted literally hunted since February and there has been nothing on the market that is satisfactory. We would 100% take a place at Macdill but there is a 1-2 year waiting list.

SO...we are headed to New Tampa. My in laws live there so at least if my husband has to spend hours in the car, I have back up. I did not want to commute from another area and not even get a free babysitter out of it

So... what is the real no BS commute from Hunters Green/Cory Lakes to Macdill time. Leaving around 6:45 am and coming home around 5pm.

Any suggestions to shifting times he comes and goes to avoid some commuting time?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 PM

10 posts, read 23,693 times
My husband drives every morning from New Tampa (Live Oak Preserve) to my kid's school on Bayshore and Bay To Bay which is about 10 minutes from MacDill. He leaves at 7:05 and is at the school at 7:45-7:50, he takes Bruce B Downs to I-75 to Bay to Bay.

I am not sure what the evening commute is from MacDill, but from Downtown its about 45 minutes to New Tampa, leaving the office at 5.

Once I-75 is completed, my husband thinks it will be 35-40 minutes.

My front door neighbor just moved out, 5 bedroom 3 1/2 bath and I think they are renting it out for less than $2000

Old 05-15-2013, 08:00 AM

30 posts, read 85,378 times
We live in Cross Creek in New Tampa. My husband's office is on Davis Island, so not quite as far as MacDill. He leaves around 6:15am and it takes roughly 30 minutes. He leaves from work at 3:30 and arrives home by 4pm.

MacDill has some nice E and O homes (the newest ones), but my mortgage, taxes and insurance are less than $1550/month for a 3500 sq. ft. home. I can't imagine giving our entire BAH for a much smaller place.

If you have children, the schools here in New Tampa are great. Plus there are several private school options around.

Hunter's Green and Cory Lake are both great subdivisions. I believe there was an issue with Cory Lake with the builder and CDD fees or something similar a while back. It was one of the reasons we didn't buy there. I'm not sure if it was resolved or if the home owners had to fork over the lost money, but it's worth checking out.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 AM

101 posts, read 113,947 times
My times are different but may help. I commute from basically the Lowes off BBD/I75 to downtown Tampa. I leave around 8:10 and arrive in the office at 8:55. On the way home I leave at 5:30 and arrive by 6:20. I take BBD to Bears to I275 S. At times when there is no traffic I can make it in 22-25 minutes. That being said, if your on I275 past the downtown exit, expect a significant commute. That area is currently a disaster at all times of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: