U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:24 PM

85 posts, read 202,893 times

Advertisements

Hello there,

So my wife and I are flying down in December to check out some areas to live. But, we're also using part of our time as a mini-vacation. We are going to be exploring the Wesley Chapel, Land O Lakes, Trinity areas. With that said, we are looking for a really nice resort on the water to stay. Being on the water (or waterview) is a must. Is staying in Tampa out of the question? Or should we stay in the Clearwater area? How far of a drive is it to Wesley Chapel to Clearwater?

Now I know that the Fountainebleau has a reputation of being a nice resort in the Miami area. We are basically looking for that type of place in the Clearwater/Tampa area. What resort in that area has the reputation of being THE place to stay?

Thanks in advance your replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 12:38 PM

4,822 posts, read 3,477,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyguy4u View Post
Hello there,

So my wife and I are flying down in December to check out some areas to live. But, we're also using part of our time as a mini-vacation. We are going to be exploring the Wesley Chapel, Land O Lakes, Trinity areas. With that said, we are looking for a really nice resort on the water to stay. Being on the water (or waterview) is a must. Is staying in Tampa out of the question? Or should we stay in the Clearwater area? How far of a drive is it to Wesley Chapel to Clearwater?

Now I know that the Fountainebleau has a reputation of being a nice resort in the Miami area. We are basically looking for that type of place in the Clearwater/Tampa area. What resort in that area has the reputation of being THE place to stay?

Thanks in advance your replies!
If you just want o spend as much money as possible try the Don Cesar in St Pete Beach, In Clearwater I have stayed on the Sandpearl it was pretty good. Yes unless you are looking for a golf type resort scratch Tampa itself.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:42 PM

20,195 posts, read 12,105,285 times
They have those here? I know in Orlando in every other corner, but not sure of any here,

Old 05-17-2013, 01:03 PM

444 posts, read 455,376 times
There's a Westin at the north tip of Harbour Island near the convention center w/ water view. Honestly, though, I'd skip downtown Tampa for lodging. Tampa's downtown isn't your traditional centralized area of nightlife, restaurants, or pretty much anything else other than office buildings.

Stay at the Don in St. Pete Beach. Or if you want a magnificent bay view on the cheap, the Best Western Bay Harbor in Rocky Point.

St. Pete Beach to Wesley Chapel, you're probably looking at an hour drive, maybe more depending on traffic.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 PM

693 posts, read 959,556 times
I am coming down for the same thing, to scope out the area for a potential move and have a little R&R on the water front.

I ended up making reservation here based on recommendation from a friend and it looks nice. I also like that the sand is right at the hotels doorstep.

Sheraton Sand Key Resort: Hotel located on Clearwater Beach

Feel free to check with me how I feel after my stay since its before yours, September 2-6th.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 PM

3,378 posts, read 7,889,598 times
Westin on Rocky Point. I have also heard that the Double Tree is pretty nice. Great location for you to check out both Pinellas and Hillsborough. They are waterfront.

As far as a resort on the Beach. Tradewinds is a winner as is the Sheraton Sand Key Resort.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:35 AM

662 posts, read 941,285 times
What about Saddlebrook. That's up that way.
.Tampa Florida Resort | Saddlebrook Resort | Resort in Tampa

Old 05-18-2013, 10:51 AM

385 posts, read 940,679 times
If you want an over-the-top luxurious resort, go to the Don Cesar.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:27 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,790,764 times
If you want the gulf stay at the Don Cesar. If you want bay and marina views with nightlife stay at the Vinoy in downtown St. Pete.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 PM

876 posts, read 1,623,605 times
Priceline can be your friend here. Bid on 4+ star resorts and you'll be in a nice place. My mom came into town and I booked us into the Sirata for $75 (plus taxes and parking) for a night so we could enjoy the beach. It is a drive up to Wesley Chapel though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or