Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:39 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,838,487 times

Advertisements

People appear to love vacationing in paradise!

Pinellas tourism enjoys another — and new — record month | Tampa Bay Times

"Pinellas tourism enjoys another — and new — record month"

This was for March and WFLA just had a report that summer tourism has been picking up and this looks to be a banner year. 40% of the tourism occurs during the summer now, WFLA's report says. In the summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 09:25 PM

323 posts, read 681,437 times
Good news for the hospitality industry. The summer we moved here (2010) we rented a room down on St. Pete Beach for the weekend of the 4th and the bartenders were lamenting how terrible business had been lately. I'm glad it's picking up.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:05 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,581,764 times
LOL
Quote:
The biggest percentage increase came from Europeans, up 7.5 percent from the same month last year. Pinellas saw 51,476 European visitors in March 2013.
I guess you have to "Thank" European's and European TRAVEL agencies that make it "affordable" to travel to the US for Europeans.

Wish I can say the same about the US, but sadly Americans travel a LOT less because 1. they like to watch Tv more, and 2. because it is too expensive to travel here, and also annoying. Plane travel in the US is a SHAME to aviation anywhere. It makes travel so obnoxious, its simply not worth the money and aggravation.

That's funny. Really. Have you been to Hawaii yet? Malaysia? I can assure you that you will change your mind in a second after roaming through there a bit. They "appear"? no they don't appear anything, beaches are very crowded in EU, so travel agencies there WORK really hard, and very well and have fantastic deals to send people here where they can still find some room on the sand.
People don't like sand thrown at them, or lie on the beach at the shade of 400lbs people!
Quote:
People appear to love vacationing in paradise!
It costs me, an American, over $4000 to vacation at Disney World for one week. If I was anywhere outside the US with that $4k I would visit 8 countries, and still have some money left!

Old 05-26-2013, 08:06 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,838,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
LOL
I guess you have to "Thank" European's and European TRAVEL agencies that make it "affordable" to travel to the US for Europeans.

Wish I can say the same about the US, but sadly Americans travel a LOT less because 1. they like to watch Tv more, and 2. because it is too expensive to travel here, and also annoying. Plane travel in the US is a SHAME to aviation anywhere. It makes travel so obnoxious, its simply not worth the money and aggravation.

That's funny. Really. Have you been to Hawaii yet? Malaysia? I can assure you that you will change your mind in a second after roaming through there a bit. They "appear"? no they don't appear anything, beaches are very crowded in EU, so travel agencies there WORK really hard, and very well and have fantastic deals to send people here where they can still find some room on the sand.
People don't like sand thrown at them, or lie on the beach at the shade of 400lbs people!
It costs me, an American, over $4000 to vacation at Disney World for one week. If I was anywhere outside the US with that $4k I would visit 8 countries, and still have some money left!
Europeans?

Old 05-26-2013, 08:32 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,556,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
LOL

OK, I guess Pinellas County can thank European travel agencies for sending 7.8% of the tourists that visited Pinellas in March. I think they would really like to thank the rest of the country and other areas for sending the other 92.2% though.

As usual I can't really figure out the rest of what you are trying to say just like I couldn't understand Algia's ramblings half the time.

One other thing, if you are paying $4000 to visit Disney for a week then someone really saw you coming.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:43 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,846,809 times
I was planning a "mini-vacation" to Pensacola for Memorial Day weekend (until my company told me I had to work Sunday (today) on Thursday. If I had the extra time, I would have driven to St. Pete for sure.

I agree with PhotoPro though, vacations within the US are too expensive, and how many of those "vacationers" in Pinellas were from other states or countries and how many were from Orange, Polk, or any of the other inland counties within Florida?

Old 05-26-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I was planning a "mini-vacation" to Pensacola for Memorial Day weekend (until my company told me I had to work Sunday (today) on Thursday. If I had the extra time, I would have driven to St. Pete for sure.

I agree with PhotoPro though, vacations within the US are too expensive, and how many of those "vacationers" in Pinellas were from other states or countries and how many were from Orange, Polk, or any of the other inland counties within Florida?
272,360 were from the midwest, 20,851 from the southeast and 188,313 from the northeast, in state vacationers were the only number that went down year over year for Pinellas, 33,883.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,846,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
272,360 were from the midwest, 20,851 from the southeast and 188,313 from the northeast, in state vacationers were the only number that went down year over year for Pinellas, 33,883.
Ironically, Midwesterners are usually the largest number of relocationers to the Bay area too, right? At least they were a decade ago..

Old 05-26-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Ironically, Midwesterners are usually the largest number of relocationers to the Bay area too, right? At least they were a decade ago..
Midwesterners relocate to the west coast of Florida at a slightly higher rate than from the northeast and the opposite is true for the east coast of Florida. I do believe the numbers have gotten a lot closer over the last decade or so.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,244,989 times
Don't know about you folks, but today was one of the best days ever for May (almost June) for this part of Florida. Usually we're sweating our asses off by now. Wasn't nearly as hot/humid as it usually is.......what a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay