Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:51 AM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtnelson View Post
I quite literally would not live in West Pasco if you paid me to.
You got that right. I lived in Danshores since i was born in 1963 till 04. I had the crazy idea to flip a few homes on the gulf in west Pasco. Just one year living in Westport i saw more crime than i did in the 41 years i lived in Danashores. Just unreal how many times the cops are in Westport, the amount of bums, drunks and druggies that live in the hood. The amount the home prices dropped is also unreal and the cost to insure then is even more insane. It's no wonder you can't give these homes away. Half the hood is empty, the other half is renters and it looks like crap minus a few homes that HOME OWNERS do own.

I made good money on the homes i did flip, but lost out big time on the last big house i had as i waited tooooo late to flip it and two lots in EP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
You got that right. I lived in Danshores since i was born in 1963 till 04. I had the crazy idea to flip a few homes on the gulf in west Pasco. Just one year living in Westport i saw more crime than i did in the 41 years i lived in Danashores. Just unreal how many times the cops are in Westport, the amount of bums, drunks and druggies that live in the hood. The amount the home prices dropped is also unreal and the cost to insure then is even more insane. It's no wonder you can't give these homes away. Half the hood is empty, the other half is renters and it looks like crap minus a few homes that HOME OWNERS do own.

I made good money on the homes i did flip, but lost out big time on the last big house i had as i waited tooooo late to flip it and two lots in EP.
West Port is just a part of West Pasco...just a fact.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
West Port is just a part of West Pasco...just a fact.
Go just across US 19 all the way to Little road and that is bad. Most of Hoilday is very bad, so there are plenty of bad areas in west Pasco. Not saying 100% of it is bad, but a good 70% is rough.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:31 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
My sweet spot is from the Countryside area of Clearwater up to the Sponge docks of Tarpon Springs. Anything north of the Sponge Docks area appears to me to go downhill. Then again, I like either upscale places or very quaint places. North of the Sponge Docks area into Pasco County appears to me to lose character, interest, cleanliness and things in general. But not everyone is looking for the same things as I am, so maybe it fits someone else's wish list. The one good thing I can think of lately about west Pasco is at least they have been getting in on some good rains and there are good deals on buying cars.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
My sweet spot is from the Countryside area of Clearwater up to the Sponge docks of Tarpon Springs. Anything north of the Sponge Docks area appears to me to go downhill. Then again, I like either upscale places or very quaint places. North of the Sponge Docks area into Pasco County appears to me to lose character, interest, cleanliness and things in general. But not everyone is looking for the same things as I am, so maybe it fits someone else's wish list. The one good thing I can think of lately about west Pasco is at least they have been getting in on some good rains and there are good deals on buying cars.
Many in west Pasco would like to hear about all this rain. I knew you threw this bone in here as for sure i would read it. Ya, i sure did get tons of rain in May, like a total of .30". I would hate to see what bad rains are to ya.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:08 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,632,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Many in west Pasco would like to hear about all this rain. I knew you threw this bone in here as for sure i would read it. Ya, i sure did get tons of rain in May, like a total of .30". I would hate to see what bad rains are to ya.
What in the hell does this have to do with the thread?
You seem to have some compulsion about the weather.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
What in the hell does this have to do with the thread?
You seem to have some compulsion about the weather.
Read post #14 before asking me a dumb question. Be nice if he could link us up to some real world rainfall totals for west Pasco.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Trinity and the NPR that closely surrounds it is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay