Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:17 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
That and Section 8 Welcome...
Sadly, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 AM

663 posts, read 1,144,053 times
Maybe the new owner/manager bought a shady park with the intention of cleaning it up and making it nicer. Getting rid of the felons would be a smart move. People that care about their properties, are helping to create a nice community. Personally, I applaud the guy!

Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 PM

4 posts, read 4,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
It has been by experience that some Ex Cons are a better risk than so called "upright citizens". Anybody can make one mistake but there is nothing like a few years behind bars to keep a person from making another mistake. Sadly the recidivism rate is fairly high in most states and the ones who really try to do the right thing have a lot to overcome.

GL2
not sure if troll or srs....:/

Old 06-02-2013, 03:19 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,819,414 times
If I lived in any kind of rental community, I would welcome this.

Unless, of course, I happened to be a felon.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:33 PM

515 posts, read 1,347,433 times
It's unlikely that the new management will be able to evict you until your current lease expires, however there is nothing to say that they can't refuse to extend your lease if you're a felon or if you don't want to provide a background check. They can always obtain a background check on you themselves. They don't need your consent to do that. It's not discrimination to refuse to rent to felons.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:34 AM

792 posts, read 2,291,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggy View Post
I live in a mobile home/rv park in a park model (permanent). we have new park managers and they want criminal background checks and if you are a felon they want you to move out of the park. I have been here for three years and no problems with anyone in the park. can they do this?
The best thing to do, if you don't want to jump through their hoops, is get an attorney. make life just as miserable for them as they are trying to make it for you.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:27 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
The best thing to do, if you don't want to jump through their hoops, is get an attorney. make life just as miserable for them as they are trying to make it for you.
any idea who much it will cost?

Old 06-03-2013, 07:18 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ott89 View Post
not sure if troll or srs....:/
Read my profile ott89. It might give you some clues into my thinking. I am definitely a gung ho law & order type but I also believe in redemption.

GL2

Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 AM

110 posts, read 173,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggy View Post
I live in a mobile home/rv park in a park model (permanent). we have new park managers and they want criminal background checks and if you are a felon they want you to move out of the park. I have been here for three years and no problems with anyone in the park. can they do this?
No, they cannot just ask you to move out or lock your unit and throw your belongings on the street. Florida law does not allow for it. The Management Company/or the owner does not have the right to evict one without filing eviction lawsuit (unless one is a registered sex offender). Is there anything in your governing documents or your lease agreement that gives them that power?

There are many attorneys specializing in HOA/mobile park/tenant laws. Many give 'free opinions' on their web sites. You may want to e-mail them and ask. Or, better yet, ask these guys for attorney recommendation specializing in 'tenant laws' in your area. Any ethical attorney should give you a free consultation:

The Florida Bar
651 E. Jefferson St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300
850-561-5600
floridabar.org

PS: It is not clear if you lease the unit from an individual owner or if the park is owned by a corporation/investors and managed like apartments. If the former, the owner of the unit may not renew your lease without giving any reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay