Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 12:52 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times

Advertisements

I'm researching for my cousin who is going on 30, young professional--she's a teacher looking to move from Sarasota. She's looking for a SAFE, classy apartment with similar people. Ideally she likes Hyde Park and Palmacia and would love a gated community. PLEASE no suggestions near MLK, as this isnt a great area. She would like to meet others her age and is in the dating scene. Her primary concern is being in a safe area, where she can shop at Walmart in the evening if needed . She isn't interested in home rentals or room renting...but would consider apartments and condos.

Her budget is no more than $850, but she only needs at 1/1. Any suggestions I can pass to her would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 03:11 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,447,714 times
I'm researching the area for myself as well...I agree, that's definitely an area to be looking in, but I'm not sure her budget will get her what she wants. Apartment websites are pretty helpful and I've even found a google search gets me to 'realtor' type sites where they specialize in private type rentals (i.e maybe the condo building is primarily owned, but they are allowed to rent).

You're in the right area though...I'm interested to see the responses to this thread!

Old 06-05-2013, 04:35 PM

5,976 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I'm researching for my cousin who is going on 30, young professional--she's a teacher looking to move from Sarasota. She's looking for a SAFE, classy apartment with similar people. Ideally she likes Hyde Park and Palmacia and would love a gated community. PLEASE no suggestions near MLK, as this isnt a great area. She would like to meet others her age and is in the dating scene. Her primary concern is being in a safe area, where she can shop at Walmart in the evening if needed . She isn't interested in home rentals or room renting...but would consider apartments and condos.

Her budget is no more than $850, but she only needs at 1/1. Any suggestions I can pass to her would be appreciated!
If she's a teacher I assume she has a job lined up before she moves. Of the three school districts, Hillsborough is the only one that's hiring, and that is frozen through the start of the next school year at this point unless she get registered for the teaching fair that takes place next week. Both Pasco and Pinellas are having a hard time finding places for the people they have, so unless she's already lined something up she might have a tough time finding a job right now.

$850 is a real stretch in the areas mentioned, even for a small apartment. For that matter, $850 won't get you much of an apartment in the 'burbs that I know of. The Brandon area has a lot of apartments, and at that price point you'll be at the very bottom of the range. There may be less expensive places closer in to Tampa, but in that case the areas may be sketchy.

RM

Last edited by MortonR; 06-05-2013 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-05-2013, 05:52 PM

36 posts, read 87,826 times
I think it will be difficult to find something in the Hyde Park area in her budget. I would suggest she contact a Realtor who knows the area and might have more connections and may know of a condo or something available for rent in that price point.

ETA: If she is really stuck on living in that area then she might want to consider getting a roommate.

Last edited by Kel2013; 06-05-2013 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: Add info

Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 PM

663 posts, read 1,144,053 times
For $850 she may be able to find a 1/1, but it won't be in a complex. She'll have to consider a small apt building or garage apt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay