Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,996 times

Advertisements

Do you have a name and number of someone I should speak to? We need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soled View Post
I bought the GE Avantapure model 269 upflow conditioner in may 2012 from WATER EQUIPMENT TECHNOLOGIES, IN lONGWOOD, fl.

I am mostly satisfied, however I did go through a process.

1) A very good sales spiel had me convinced that I was getting a good deal at $5700.00, because I got discounts for having served in the military, being willing to advertise their product, "and just being a nice guy". And they just happened to have one in the neighborhood that someone cancelled which they could install the same day.

2) The next day (after it was already installed) my brain woke up and I thought what did I just do. Friends made me aware of a Fl. consumer protection law that allowed me to cancel my contract, so I drove to the company office, (very unprofessional dreary looking place) and told them I wanted to enforce my right to cancel my contract. They offered me a $3500.00 price, which I accepted.

So this is the deal I finally wound up with.

1) $3500.00 interest free loan for one year.
2) Many years supply of soaps, cleaners, dishwasher detergent, etc. which I am happy with.
3) I have great tasting water. However, I have to admit that I do not really know how pure my water is, but it starts out as city water from Cocoa, Fl.
4) It has worked fine for the last 2 years, and my only cost is salt, about $10.00 a year.
5) the one time I called for service they did respond quickly. I think they are trying, but
If you buy from this company bargain hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,680 times
We are on Sarasota county water and we got GE Advantapure in 2010 when we first moved here. It cost $2000 and it has been effective and reliable. One reason I am glad is that it prevents copper pipes from corroding and leaking which happened to my neighbors house. It costs a fortune to re-pipe a house.
This month the resin got clogged resulting in poor water flow after 9 years. GE is making good on the lifetime warranty and replacing the resin free but charging for labor.
Meanwhile the water has been soft and we stopped having mineral scale deposits around the sink fixtures and shower head. For drinking water, we use a filter on the through-the-door refrigerator water dispenser. BTW when the system is new, it takes awhile for all the existing mineral scale to be dissolved from your house pipes, then the water will run clear. You will notice no more deposits on glass shower doors and you will use less laundry soap and clothes will be softer. As for salt, it uses about $20 per year. Also I like that it doesn't discharge a lot of waste water on the lawn, just a little.
The yearly service has been generally good.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,433 times
I question if this post is real. I have the same system which uses 40 ponds per month and about 600 gals of water to regenerate. Quite a difference from what you claim. I have changed water faucets 3 times over the 7 years I've had this system. For the price I paid this system is crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay