Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:11 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,578,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I wouldn't vacation here in July...it is soooo hot...I live in Palm Harbor about a half a mile from the coast and really don't feel any breeze from the gulf(not really sure how anyone in Eastlake feels any)...I can't give any advice more than I wouldn't do it!!!
hahahahaah

You can feel the breeze at the beach, however, (and not to defend Eastlake cause I know there's no breeze there, except for heated asphalt), but if you're in an open space, (not between homes in a subdivision) you can feel a breeze when one is around, or usually when a storm is approaching fast. The second, you better be close to a place to hide cause these storms come fast and lightning travels, and especially at the beach.
Lightning strike kills Brandon woman in Belleair Beach | Breaking Tampa Bay, Florida and national news and weather from Tampa Bay Online and The Tampa Tribune | TBO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 07:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,578,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Yeah but its a dry heat..
Heat is heat, and is hot regardless!
LOL

If you're in any parking lot anywhere that's hot, it will be hot...why should anyone expect otherwise?
Same for snow...you don't see snow and expect it will be warm? snow is cold anywhere not just up north!

If you move here inland somewhere and not right on the beach or within a block from it, it will be HOT. Comparing the heat between states is very funny to me! You'll still be sweating except your license plate will read FL rather than AZ, GA, OH, DC etc!

Its HOT here in the summer. Its Hot in Australia too. The point is this: is you job good enough for you to afford to cool off? everything else is just gravy.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:24 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,831,247 times
Quote:
The 95-105 temps and humidity you refer to may be much hotter than the Florida heat and humidity but those temperatures are extremes and dont last that long whereas Floridas temps in the Mid 80's to low 90's plus the humidity last from around May till at least November. Maybe great for some but not my cup of tea, whether its the op's cup of tea may be determined on that July vacation.
True......mid 80' to low 90's and some humidity last longer here...........which is EXACTLY my comfort zone. LOVE it. YMMV and that is okay.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 AM

226 posts, read 337,304 times
Here's the thing- we will be right of St. Josephs sound/in front of the water in Dunedin -so hopefully we are able to hang outside for a little bit at night- Go to the beach in the am- come back home for hottest part of the day (when thunderstorms hit). Cool off/shower/give my teens a snack/dress and go out to explore in evenings as sun comes down

Old 06-14-2013, 10:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,002,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Heat is heat, and is hot regardless!
LOL

The statement was meant in jest but Humidity levels do play a big roll in how people tolerate heat, 110 in a dry heat with 10% humidity is more bearable to many then 90 degrees with 80% humidity.
- The Dry Heat

Old 06-14-2013, 01:09 PM

591 posts, read 814,508 times
Quote:
Yeah but its a dry heat..
Like I tell all of my family and friends back East: "Dry heat, my hairy Italian..."

Old 06-14-2013, 01:23 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,554,237 times
Yes, it will be hot but it will be tolerable. It's just a week for heaven's sake! The Gulf water will be very warm - some will say it's hot. Most of the rains that time of year come in late afternoon (4-6pm) and are gone quickly. Of course, if there's a hurricane nearby, you might have a whole week of icky weather. Come on down and enjoy the best you can!

Old 06-14-2013, 02:13 PM

4,443 posts, read 3,757,903 times
Whoever said that summer in Tampa is like turning on a fan while sitting in a sauna is a genius. Reps to you!

Old 06-14-2013, 03:03 PM

350 posts, read 331,306 times
Come on down.....you and your family will have a wonderful time!!! I LOVE TAMPA BAY!!!!! If you move to Oldsmar, you will be just south of us (Odessa). Coming up on our 5th anniversary July 3......moved from southern Indiana...truly cannot think of a day that I was not delighted with this area...... when I go to the many beaches, I want a shirt that says, "Actually, I live here!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay