U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 10:29 AM

5,014 posts, read 2,487,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Seems to me that Orlando is more racially diverse than Tampa - the couple of times I've been there it seemed that Orlando had more of a Miami feel to it - more Hispanic population from what I saw.

Also good shopping compared to Tampa - good golf courses as well.

I never did like the I-4 traffic, especially near the downtown area -

There are some beautiful communities in the Orlando area, that's for sure.
the percentage of hispanics is much greater like 26% and because the place is visited from folks from all over the world, there MUST be people here working to cater to all the different backgrounds, tampa sorta forces you to integrate,,, if you want to be apart of anything.

Last edited by tinytrump; 06-21-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 11:12 AM

2,133 posts, read 2,057,074 times
If your intent it to get a fair answer to the comparison of the two cities, you may want to put it in Florida section where you have both views. It seems to me most are biased towards Tampa over here as one can imagine.

ETA. Also, not trying to make an argument but your thread is a "push poll" because of the way the title is worded.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:24 PM

2,133 posts, read 1,484,137 times
Well, I asked this question here after I saw similar topic in Orlando thread
Why Orlando is better than Tampa Bay

Old 06-21-2013, 01:33 PM

4,679 posts, read 5,185,042 times
Being born in Orlando, growing up in Tampa, and living in the Orlando area for a brief time as an adult, I prefer Tampa/St. Pete over Orlando any day of the week.

I prefer being close to the coast, having a gulf breeze, Busch Gardens over Disney, and midwesterners over northeasterners... LoL

Plus, Tampa has an older, more "Spanish" vibe than Orlando does.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:18 PM

disagree on that last one TX.. but I just moved closer to TnC lets see if I find it.. that vive..

Old 06-22-2013, 09:19 AM

597 posts, read 433,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
disagree on that last one TX.. but I just moved closer to TnC lets see if I find it.. that vive..
I have personally Not spent much time in Town and Country, but I have often heard it referred to as town and Compton.
I assume that nick name is not meant as a compliment.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:32 PM

4,679 posts, read 5,185,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I can honestly say that I haven't spent much time in TnC at all, I was referring to a city by city comparison though..

Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,610,620 times
I wouldn't say either city is better... They just have very different perks. Orlando struggles worse with jobs (from my personal observations), but they have an active downtown, and the entire city doesn't shut down at 10. However, both have a lot of the same struggles also.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
I have personally Not spent much time in Town and Country, but I have often heard it referred to as town and Compton.
I assume that nick name is not meant as a compliment.
\
Not sure what you mean by that- I am closer to Oldsmar than anything- but if you talking about crime. I know there are stats- makes no diff to me- long as I feel safe. I know what to look for.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:51 AM

10,009 posts, read 9,855,396 times
Holy cow. Yesterday I spent the day in Orlando and the traffic is some of the most miserable that I've ever experienced and the drivers are crazy - as if they were all DUIs......would hate to have to deal with that kind of traffic every day. Misery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay