Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM

35,351 posts, read 20,714,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
Who would expect New Tampa or Pasco County to compete with Miami or New York? I don't think people who would move to one would want the other. Are you in the wrong thread?

No- it the same people who move to Fla from all the other 50 states- and all over the world-.. not competiton, just wondering why so different. The people in Miaimi are also made up from people from NY, Co, Ca, Tx-etc- just as is Tampa. What makes Pasco cty. so quiet compared to Broward cty? industry? type of jobs or lack of? economics? people are wanting more,,, per this thread. How much more will make it change?
When I lived In PA.. everybody was from PA and the mom's house was from the great g-ma and maybe even before her- I did NOT expect it ever to change, ever-they were very established folks who NEVER left the area-- that's not Fla. and never has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 01:52 PM

861 posts, read 1,449,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

No- it the same people who move to Fla from all the other 50 states- and all over the world-.. not competiton, just wondering why so different. The people in Miaimi are also made up from people from NY, Co, Ca, Tx-etc- just as is Tampa. What makes Pasco cty. so quiet compared to Broward cty? industry? type of jobs or lack of? economics? people are wanting more,,, per this thread. How much more will make it change?
When I lived In PA.. everybody was from PA and the mom's house was from the great g-ma and maybe even before her- I did NOT expect it ever to change, ever-they were very established folks who NEVER left the area-- that's not Fla. and never has been.
All the places you are mentioning are large urban areas. Pasco county is a largely rural area with many native Floridians who have been there for several generations. Pasco is more similar to the Deep South while SE Florida is more similar to the NE. Big difference. Not every area in the world is going to some fast paced cosmopolitan that you want it to be.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:49 AM

Pasco is like different places as the east and the west differ greatly- once Wesley Chappel was built there, along with Trinity etc,, now really suburbs of Tampa.- as people work here. I don't want it to be anythig except more accepting, as it is growing, and growing and growing.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,022,438 times
I for one do not want to be "moving at 1000 miles per hour". I did that for 30 years living in NYC.
That is why I live where I do.

Quote:
needs new LIFE... boring for sure. tell why in Miami new York etc etc life is moving at 1000 miles per hour and here it is zzzzz? I really do NOT understand this place,, no joke.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:47 PM

Not 1000 mi. per hour but maybe 55?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:14 PM

4,091 posts, read 5,974,817 times
Quote:
Not 1000 mi. per hour but maybe 55?
This wont happen until Tampa stops marketing to the retiring New Yorkers. I really don't get why they try to push a "big city" (lol) off to families.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:30 AM

Whats wrong with a family being in a big city? I moved my 3 boys OFF the I-10 corridor and took them to Miami over 20 yrs ago- so they would expand their thinking,,,and I am so glad I did. People are moving here, we just need entrepreneurs. A mayor went to NY recently inviting folks and and even the Gov. went to France to invite folks. Everybody is inviting,,, and do not think its retirees ..

Old 06-27-2013, 12:01 PM

641 posts, read 1,015,604 times
Quote:
Who would expect New Tampa or Pasco County to compete with Miami or New York? I don't think people who would move to one would want the other. Are you in the wrong thread?

LOL, the next thread from Stewabby: "Why don't we have a rail system or car pool lanes" LMFAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I for one do not want to be "moving at 1000 miles per hour". I did that for 30 years living in NYC.
That is why I live where I do.

So what happens when everyone moves here from NYC, Chicago... etc it will eventually be ruined like those places (happening to Tampa right now)...

Old 06-27-2013, 02:05 PM

877 posts, read 1,902,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
LOL, the next thread from Stewabby: "Why don't we have a rail system or car pool lanes" LMFAO
Huh?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:14 PM

641 posts, read 1,015,604 times
Quote:
Huh?
Basically stating that you are the same people that say "Oh we arent competing with Huge cities", then turn around and complaining about why we do not have things like huge cities such as Mass Transportation and decent infrastructure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay