U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2013, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
4,678 posts, read 8,495,045 times
Reputation: 1960

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
That is exactly right, tiny.

They walk in the middle of the street, even at night, with innocent little kids where they are BARELY visible like THEY ARE ENTITLED TO BE THERE.

That's exactly right. Brilliant and reps.
Well... our tax dollars DO pay for those roads, so we do kinda own them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-23-2013, 01:50 PM
 
Location: South Tampa, Maui, Paris
2,793 posts, read 1,762,929 times
Reputation: 2635
Like I said, roads are for cars but maybe I should call the police and double check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2013, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
4,678 posts, read 8,495,045 times
Reputation: 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Like I said, roads are for cars but maybe I should call the police and double check.
That would be a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2013, 02:02 PM
 
2,710 posts, read 4,387,894 times
Reputation: 2307
No problem in my neighborhood. Miles of side walk. I can literally bike my way from home to Upper Tampa Bay Trail with no fear of getting hit by a car
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2013, 02:13 PM
 
Location: South Tampa, Maui, Paris
2,793 posts, read 1,762,929 times
Reputation: 2635
Just spoke to City of Tampa police

If there are sidewalks pedestrians are not allowed on street

If there are no sidewalks pedestrians are allowed next to curb and never in middle if the street and specifically only walking against traffic so that drivers can see them

She said they get reports of pedestrians being hit all the time in no-sidewalk neighborhoods and advises people against it. In fact officers are trained to warn pedestrians of this.

So it seems that people who stroll in the middle of the street are playing Russian roulette with their children's lives.

Last edited by sinatras; 06-23-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2013, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
4,678 posts, read 8,495,045 times
Reputation: 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Just spoke to City of Tampa police

If there are sidewalks pedestrians are not allowed on street

If there are no sidewalks pedestrians are allowed next to curb and never in middle if the street and specifically only walking against traffic so that drivers can see them

She said they get reports of pedestrians being hit all the time in no-sidewalk neighborhoods and advises people against it. In fact officers are trained to warn pedestrians of this.

So it seems that people who stroll in the middle of the street are playing Russian roulette with their children's lives.
I never claimed that walking in the middle of the street was right, lol.. just to point that out. However, I've strolled down the sides of the roads for MANY years, and was never hit.

The only time any of my friends were ever hit was getting off the school bus and someone decided to pass and hit him. Never from walking down the street though, lol.

Edit: I'd be curious to see what the HCSO has to say... LoL !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2013, 03:08 PM
 
485 posts, read 843,868 times
Reputation: 469
I am a lawyer who sees way too many (often fatal) car accident cases. People walking with their children in the middle of the road should be immediately arrested and charged with child endangerment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM
 
Location: South Florida
4,786 posts, read 5,326,494 times
Reputation: 4829
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
People walking with their children in the middle of the road should be immediately arrested and charged with child endangerment.

AMEN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2013, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
4,678 posts, read 8,495,045 times
Reputation: 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
I am a lawyer who sees way too many (often fatal) car accident cases. People walking with their children in the middle of the road should be immediately arrested and charged with child endangerment.
So... I take it that you, as a lawyer, wouldn't defend them in court?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2013, 03:47 PM
 
485 posts, read 843,868 times
Reputation: 469
It's not my job to defend such people, thank god. I leave that to other lawyers to grapple with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top