Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Also.......

There is no way it could be 95+ degrees at a Bucs game........

According to our "local weather expert" here on the forum.......

It doesn't get that hot here!
According to this site..

Record High Temperatures (°F) for Selected Cities in the Southeast | Welcome - Southeast Regional Climate Center

The record high for Tampa was 99.

I get what you're saying about the so called weather nerds though.. LoL

Old 07-08-2013, 01:34 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
How is this not considered an inflammatory racist posting?

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-08-2013 at 04:24 AM..

Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I would like to adopt the Bucs, but no sense adopting a team with no hope. Have to stick with better teams for now I guess.
That's what would we call a bandwagon fan, ladies and gentlemen.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
How is this not considered an inflammatory racist posting?
I think it's because a mod hasn't seen it yet...

Old 07-08-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
Coming from MN with the sad, sad Vikings, I'm excited to call the Bucs my 'team'
wow - that's what you call a playoff team, Had to see what you call them when they only win a few games/season.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:20 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
That's what would we call a bandwagon fan, ladies and gentlemen.
Yes. So? I have no problem with that.

After all, my "home" team has been the Patriots and they have blown away the performance of the Bucs overall since the early 2000's. The Bucs are a wannabe team at this point. Now I would love to see them go all the way, but one has to be realistic. They are more like the pre-Brady Patriots. Laughable, sad, pathetic wannabe's from the land of misfits, who hopefully can turn the tables someday and once again become champions. We shall see, but I don't see it anytime soon. Too little pure talent, poor leadership and a poor fan base.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 07-08-2013 at 05:28 AM..

Old 07-08-2013, 05:29 AM

5,014 posts, read 7,219,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
Well, that's what we know about him SO FAR.........I am not ready to write him off yet.

He's had a revolving door of coaching, coordinators, and schemes.......which is a recipe for inconsistency in the NFL......

And he has been inconsistent.......no doubt......

But his first taste of the NFL game was under the Raheem Morris regime..........Now, Raheem is an excellent DB coach, but he was in way over his head......

Not his fault- all he did was accept a high paying job offer........

But my point is.......Freeman is FINALLY receiving quality coaching and playing in a scheme that works to his strengths.......so I'm going to take a "wait and see" approach.......

And because I'm a REAL FAN........I want the Bucs to win- and right now, Freeman gives them the best chance.......by far.
I'm not ready to write him off, either. If the Bucs have a poor season, it won't be Freeman's fault.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:27 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
I know of a few people in this thread that are going to be eating a lot of crow once the season is over.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Yes. So? I have no problem with that.

After all, my "home" team has been the Patriots and they have blown away the performance of the Bucs overall since the early 2000's. The Bucs are a wannabe team at this point. Now I would love to see them go all the way, but one has to be realistic. They are more like the pre-Brady Patriots. Laughable, sad, pathetic wannabe's from the land of misfits, who hopefully can turn the tables someday and once again become champions. We shall see, but I don't see it anytime soon. Too little pure talent, poor leadership and a poor fan base.
Couldn't care less about any chowdah head team - what's funny is you saying that you won't support the Bucs until they're good. I have some friends from Boston who tell me that all the Boston teams have these bandwagon fans who show up only after the team starts winning.

Classic bandwagoner - we saw the same thing in 2002-3 when they won the Super Bowl. Peeps like yourself coming out of the woodwork claiming to be longtime fans of the Bucs only when they win it all.

Might be better off talking about the weather with CHASL2 and stay out of any football conversations.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:57 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Couldn't care less about any chowdah head team - what's funny is you saying that you won't support the Bucs until they're good. I have some friends from Boston who tell me that all the Boston teams have these bandwagon fans who show up only after the team starts winning.

Classic bandwagoner - we saw the same thing in 2002-3 when they won the Super Bowl. Peeps like yourself coming out of the woodwork claiming to be longtime fans of the Bucs only when they win it all.

Yes, bandwagon fan. Not wasting my time on teams who don't stand a chance. Will never claim to be lifelong fan. I only watch if they are doing well. Waste of time otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay