U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2013, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,145,981 times
Reputation: 14611

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
seems most of you agree.. DUI is a simple mistake-let her be (until it harms or kills one of your own)---no more to say ,,,-
Just to get a clearer impression of your point of view:
guilty until proven innocent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,095 posts, read 12,061,272 times
Reputation: 8726
Codes of Conduct
talking ethics- NOT law- law is her final outcome depending of findings, her trial or before the judge,,whatever--that is for them to decide,,, but now... she is held to an "ethical" standard which is in question until exhonorated-why is nobody getting this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,095 posts, read 12,061,272 times
Reputation: 8726
Officials take closer look at Tampa port chairman's 'shocking' rentals | Tampa Bay Times

come on-defend this guy too.. ugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 03:45 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,145,981 times
Reputation: 14611
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Codes of Conduct
talking ethics- NOT law- law is her final outcome depending of findings, her trial or before the judge,,whatever--that is for them to decide,,, but now... she is held to an "ethical" standard which is in question until exhonorated-why is nobody getting this?
You really seem to be jumping all over the place. First you accuse people of not caring unless our own family members are killed by a DUI, then you're going to ethics, then you throw out something about the port chairman which has nothing to do with the question at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 05:55 AM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,095 posts, read 12,061,272 times
Reputation: 8726
I said double standards in my first post- the example of the judge going about he business as usual and everybody defends it- now a new incident with the same problem- high society getting away with whatever they want. I am about the rule of law, and in the judges case,,, her first part would be to answers to the ethical standards, then her court date. Now do you think the LEOS just pick people up with a DUI with out cause? specially a judge which could compromise their jobs if they profiling say with out proof? I do NOT consider DUI a mistake,,, too many die and get maimed because of it. I personally witnessed it through my son, hit n run and the car was found with lots of bottles of booze etc, so they deemed as a DUI accident. The driver was never found, he ran, and the car was not registered properly- end of story/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 06:16 AM
 
Location: Terra
2,827 posts, read 3,206,557 times
Reputation: 3339
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Now do you think the LEOS just pick people up with a DUI with out cause?
Clearly you missed the story about the attorney that was arrested for DUI because he was set up by another attorney who had friends in the TPD waiting for him.

Now the Feds are involved because it is being looked at as a breach of rights. That is the last I've heard of it a few weeks ago.

So yes... LEOs do arrest without cause at times (or at least, set people up).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,095 posts, read 12,061,272 times
Reputation: 8726
I did see that fiasco and there are no perfect anything-or anyone- for people are mesed up in all walks of life, including LEOS,,, but pretty much, they are there to protect and enforce the law. I think the lady should be sat down- with pay- until all is clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Terra
2,827 posts, read 3,206,557 times
Reputation: 3339
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I did see that fiasco and there are no perfect anything-or anyone- for people are mesed up in all walks of life, including LEOS,,, but pretty much, they are there to protect and enforce the law. I think the lady should be sat down- with pay- until all is clear.
I never understood the whole suspended with pay thing. Why not make them work for pay instead of paying for nothing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Hernando County, FL
8,488 posts, read 17,910,127 times
Reputation: 5397
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Hillsborough County Circuit Court judge charged with DUI | Tampa Bay Times

So why is she free to continue proccessing cases? She broke the law and ?? double standards - so called justice?? mad smack cool:
You do realize since most anyone that gets DUI can continue working, show me the double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 12:56 PM
 
3,313 posts, read 4,297,549 times
Reputation: 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I said double standards in my first post- the example of the judge going about he business as usual and everybody defends it- now a new incident with the same problem- high society getting away with whatever they want. I am about the rule of law, and in the judges case,,, her first part would be to answers to the ethical standards, then her court date. Now do you think the LEOS just pick people up with a DUI with out cause? specially a judge which could compromise their jobs if they profiling say with out proof? I do NOT consider DUI a mistake,,, too many die and get maimed because of it. I personally witnessed it through my son, hit n run and the car was found with lots of bottles of booze etc, so they deemed as a DUI accident. The driver was never found, he ran, and the car was not registered properly- end of story/
so, you want to punish this judge for what happened to your son?

no double standards here. she was treated the same way as anybody else. she agreed she was guilty... now what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:45 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top