Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 AM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Westchase is not part of the city of tampa.
but closer than Brandon/Lutz/Land O lakes/New Tampa/Wesley Chapel....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 03:06 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
but closer than Brandon/Lutz/Land O lakes/New Tampa/Wesley Chapel....
Lets see, going down linebaugh or waters you don't hit tampa city limits till you get to Armenia.
If you take Hillsborough you don't quite hit the city till you get to Hoover Blvd.

Tampa city limits go all the way to the Tampa bypass canal, that would be hwy 60 and orient rd.
that would be 10-15 max from Brandon.

Good luck with linebaugh, waters or Hillsborough.. I have been on those parking lots many of times.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:27 PM

I have worked and lived in most parts of Hillsborough county. Starting in the mid 70"s Builders would find large plots of land, with mostly one road leading to them and build subdivision after subdivision. Waters had Twelve oaks, Hillsborough had country way. Dale Mabry had carrolwood and north dale. Bloomingdale Blvd got Bloomingdale. All these roads became parking lots. Even today you go Hwy 54 and Bruce B Downs the newest parking lots. That's why the Brandon area is just a little easier to get around. There are many north and south roads that can be used. Unless of coarse your in fish hawk(HAHA). The newer subdivisions are built further out so your roads are limited. There are lots and lots of older subdivisions with nice houses closer to main roads. You just have to look. But IF you just want new, don't complain about the roads.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:53 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,442,065 times
Here's a historical sinkhole map of Florida. If the map is accurate, it looks like all of the area you're looking at has a pretty high sinkhole rate.

u.s. sinkhole map - Bing Images

Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
that's why the brandon area is just a little easier to get around.
lol :d

Old 07-25-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
lol :d
I averaged over 25,000 miles in the Tampa bay area Every year for the last 33 years. Not just one spot, but all over the county as well as Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco, Polk and Sarasota/Bradenton.
I know the areas to avoid as much as possible(town and country).

Old 07-25-2013, 12:09 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,756,832 times
If you stay off of 60, there's really not that much traffic and i've lived here 3 years. I was in rush hour traffic yesterday and it added all of about 5 minutes onto my drive to get down lumsden. Lumsden is a pretty wide road and the only place it starts to clog is right around Kings when it goes from 3 lanes to 2. I travel lumsden/causeway exclusively to get anywhere i need.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:37 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times
Quote:
All these roads became parking lots. Even today you go Hwy 54 and Bruce B Downs the newest parking lots.
I have yet to be on "all of those roads" when they get as congested as 60 got. Have fun driving past the mall. Just wait until the Christmas rush. Stick to living in Tampa. It's a better deal. Besides, even if "all those roads" are parking lots (which, in my 26 years living here, hasn't been the case. Ever.), there's still many more alternate routes one can take.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I have yet to be on "all of those roads" when they get as congested as 60 got. Have fun driving past the mall. Just wait until the Christmas rush. Stick to living in Tampa. It's a better deal. Besides, even if "all those roads" are parking lots (which, in my 26 years living here, hasn't been the case. Ever.), there's still many more alternate routes one can take.
You need to get out more. Just in the last ten years Bruce b downs was an example. One road in and lots of subdivisions built. It was a parking lot during rush hour. traffic was backed up onto the exit ramp of 75.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
You need to get out more. Just in the last ten years Bruce b downs was an example. One road in and lots of subdivisions built. It was a parking lot during rush hour. traffic was backed up onto the exit ramp of 75.
passing it every day at least twice and never see this problem. Some people take Bruce B Downs, some I-75, and some Morris Bridge if they live somewhere on Cross Creek. With the addition of New Tampa Blvd (or whatever) parallel to Bruce B. Downs some people have an option not to be on Bruce B Downs around I-75 interchange depending on where they live.
When was your last time out there? Before, during or after construction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay