Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 09:56 AM

19 posts, read 66,629 times

Advertisements

Well I should have been clearer..The institutions and ideals of the "greatest Generation" were admirable and worth persuing. The ultimate corruption of many "American Institutions" (and I dont mean buildings) was and is the work of the baby boomer generation. My observations of this group of people on average is that they have never worked a day in there lives. Of course this is a generality. They have the social welfare system under there control, they have injected the education system with agenda driven liberals. Your grandfather and mine were innovative family men, that wanted to see future generation of Americans have more opportunity than they did. They were innocently ignorant of many of the things we know now are wrong, but still do. My conclusion is that the boomers have put into motion the demise of the American Experiment.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:08 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,333,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foozman View Post
Well I should have been clearer..The institutions and ideals of the "greatest Generation" were admirable and worth persuing. The ultimate corruption of many "American Institutions" (and I dont mean buildings) was and is the work of the baby boomer generation. My observations of this group of people on average is that they have never worked a day in there lives. Of course this is a generality. They have the social welfare system under there control, they have injected the education system with agenda driven liberals. Your grandfather and mine were innovative family men, that wanted to see future generation of Americans have more opportunity than they did. They were innocently ignorant of many of the things we know now are wrong, but still do. My conclusion is that the boomers have put into motion the demise of the American Experiment.
I also have a lot of respect for the accomplishments of the "Greatest Generation" and other ancestors. They were some tough old birds, weren't they? They seemed to have a work ethic and honesty second to none.

On the flip side, I believe the Boomers aren't getting a fair shake. There have been a lot of contributions by our generation. History only hits the high points of both the good and bad so it's easy to glamorize people of the past. Hopefully there'll be a day when future generations see mainly the good the Boomer Generation has accomplished.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:20 PM

19 posts, read 66,629 times
Please help me see what some accomplishments are.. I dont mean administrating a college or university that allows foreign nationals to come in, on taxpayer dollars, to develop the next wonder drug for phizer that we must then all pay 20 dollars a pill for.. Or the selling of our childrens souls to commerialization and prepubecent sexualization under the guise of "responsibilites to shareholders" Or the golf courses, or strip malls..If you control most of the money and government.. then you are responsible for the unraveling of a nation...I would love to hear some wonderful AL Gorish type things you folks have done.. Like the invention of the internet for example.. or the 20 miles per gallon pickup truck..or the personal wars you fight not with your generation but mine and the one behind me. How do I undo what you have done? Are we safer, or as safe.. better fed, or fed at least as well as previous generations, healthier or at least as healthy, you have spent more money in government than any generation before you in the history of the world.. (including Roman times where it was not uncommon to guild buildings)..We now preside over crubling infastructure, and sicker and fatter people than ever before. We have allowed trillions to go down the drain while the world dies of treatable diseases our corporations have refused to treat with respect and global vision for the sanctity of life. We have moved forward the culture of death and overt sexuality that has perverted every institution in existance..I am not sure the anti-christ is not a group of people rather than a single person..Am I wrong about any of this? I hope so.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:55 PM

849 posts, read 3,516,864 times
Unhappy we produced 2 presidents

Clinton and Bush 43. I'd LOL, except it ain't funny. And it is the big lie of "evolution." Because you see, Darwin's great evil wasn't that we come from apes (not) but that he spawned a whole way of thinking about "survival of the fittest" which logically has to happen for evolution to succeed. Newton's second law of thermodynamics says everything is rushing towards entropy and that certainly seems to be what is happening. We are becoming more base as a society not better.
I can't agree that our parents were "the greatest" generation because if they were we'd be doing a whole lot better and I agree with you, foozman. I've said it many times, WE let YOU down as parents. We really created a monster. How can you undo it? I don't think on any grand scale but if you will feed a homeless person when you see one instead of making their existence illegal and follow suit in other ways, the Talmud says "he who saves one soul, it's as if he saved a universe." That means real, physical salvation not the Christian meaning. And while we're on the subject, since you brought it into the discussion, I do believe the antichrist is a person and I believe he will be defeated by a person designated by G-d. it won't be pretty and it most like likely is about to happen. Now as a Jewish person I don't believe in just sitting back and waiting for a miracle. We are supposed to be shall I say, "proactive." If we are put in a position like Moses to do something grand we should but if not we do the little things as in my example of the homeless person. And you see as great as Moses was and how amazing the things that happened when we left Egypt were, even that generation failed. It was not the greatest either, even with Moses leading so I will leave the conclusion as to why up to you and just encourage you to be strong and spiritual and "proactive" to the best of your ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foozman View Post
Please help me see what some accomplishments are.. I dont mean administrating a college or university that allows foreign nationals to come in, on taxpayer dollars, to develop the next wonder drug for phizer that we must then all pay 20 dollars a pill for.. Or the selling of our childrens souls to commerialization and prepubecent sexualization under the guise of "responsibilites to shareholders" Or the golf courses, or strip malls..If you control most of the money and government.. then you are responsible for the unraveling of a nation...I would love to hear some wonderful AL Gorish type things you folks have done.. Like the invention of the internet for example.. or the 20 miles per gallon pickup truck..or the personal wars you fight not with your generation but mine and the one behind me. How do I undo what you have done? Are we safer, or as safe.. better fed, or fed at least as well as previous generations, healthier or at least as healthy, you have spent more money in government than any generation before you in the history of the world.. (including Roman times where it was not uncommon to guild buildings)..We now preside over crubling infastructure, and sicker and fatter people than ever before. We have allowed trillions to go down the drain while the world dies of treatable diseases our corporations have refused to treat with respect and global vision for the sanctity of life. We have moved forward the culture of death and overt sexuality that has perverted every institution in existance..I am not sure the anti-christ is not a group of people rather than a single person..Am I wrong about any of this? I hope so.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:08 PM

177 posts, read 255,931 times
What a bunch of whiners!
You can't get away from yourselves,you take yourself wherever you go.Misery loves Company. Get a life!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:58 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,338,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
What a bunch of whiners!
You can't get away from yourselves,you take yourself wherever you go.Misery loves Company. Get a life!
While I believe "Misery loves company" A LOT...I don't believe it applies to everyone. Some are just truly happier elsewhere, can't get out at the moment, and need to vent of sorts, just to get the unhappiness or stress of where they are currently at, off their chests.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:03 AM

177 posts, read 255,931 times
EB2,you are a kind person.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:08 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,063,783 times
Please get back topic regarding Tampa...

Old 03-14-2008, 12:20 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,338,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Yankee View Post
EB2,you are a kind person.
It's not so much that, it's just I believe what I said.

I think there are people out there who don't have anything better to do, except whine about themselves/etc, but I believe my previous statement/post, too. It's just a mixed pool of good-bad.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 PM

286 posts, read 1,026,343 times
Some people making claims on this board really need to back their assertions up with some facts and statistics. Your personal anecdotes mean little to me or anyone else. Like has been said you are more than welcome to leave Tampa if you don't like it. Life is more enjoyable minus the negative people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay