U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:52 PM

12,135 posts, read 13,219,488 times

Advertisements

Yes, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
for business its wide open---nothing wrong with Tampa... it's some of the dwellers!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 05:53 PM

20,095 posts, read 12,058,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
There are several labor unions in FL.

FLORIDA State Unions
` yes they are, but not too many - my son works under a union and its GREAT!!

Old 11-07-2013, 03:51 PM

330 posts, read 958,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Honestly, these jobs are here in part because of the RNC. The RNC gave Tampa a lot of press and I am sure many of the congressmen and senators liked the idea of visiting on a more regular basis. To do that, those congressmen and senators need to have campaign contributors build businesses where they want to visit on the government dollar.

Sounds like Tampa is playing the game the right way.
Ya got that right !!

Old 11-08-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
Translation: we can pay the idiots down there 1/3 of what we pay our staff in NJ....
Let's look at some facts about NJ and why they would earn higher wages than in FL.

1. New Jersey's average residential property-tax bill reached a record $7,885 in 2012.

2. If your income range is between $75,001 and $500,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 6.37%.

3. New Jersey ranked 50th in property taxes, 48th in income taxes, 46th in sales taxes and 41st in business taxes.

4. New Jersey is usually cited among the richest states in the U.S. It is also among the costliest states to live in ranking first in housing costs.

5. In New Jersey over the past dozen years, living costs have risen up to 28.9 percent while median wages fell 4.4 percent.

6. In New Jersey a couple with two kids needs anywhere from $64,000 to $73,371 a year just to squeeze by.

7. There are considerably more than a million full-time workers in New Jersey earning less than $13.75 an hour.

8. New Jersey possesses a moderate climate with warm, humid summers and relatively cold winters.

9. New Jersey has the highest median property tax in the United States.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:09 AM

642 posts, read 862,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Let's look at some facts about NJ and why they would earn higher wages than in FL.

1. New Jersey's average residential property-tax bill reached a record $7,885 in 2012.

2. If your income range is between $75,001 and $500,000, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 6.37%.

3. New Jersey ranked 50th in property taxes, 48th in income taxes, 46th in sales taxes and 41st in business taxes.

4. New Jersey is usually cited among the richest states in the U.S. It is also among the costliest states to live in ranking first in housing costs.

5. In New Jersey over the past dozen years, living costs have risen up to 28.9 percent while median wages fell 4.4 percent.

6. In New Jersey a couple with two kids needs anywhere from $64,000 to $73,371 a year just to squeeze by.

7. There are considerably more than a million full-time workers in New Jersey earning less than $13.75 an hour.

8. New Jersey possesses a moderate climate with warm, humid summers and relatively cold winters.

9. New Jersey has the highest median property tax in the United States.
You still don't address the issue that they bring the jobs down here because they can pay someone who would make 75k up there 35k, and the COL is creeping up by the day... All the other bs about "quality of life" "good workers" etc is just corporate bs to woo people like you. Not to mention the millions in tax breaks they get.

Then when the economy downturns again, guess what the first jobs that are laid off in bulk? Yep, you got it! The back offices in Tampa.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:24 AM

If you want to believe that salaries are more than 50 percent less than elsewhere, nothing is going to change your mis-guided thinking. Do you have any factual information that backs your assumption?

As far as economic downturns, do you believe that people only get laid off in FL?

Hey, if you're not making the money you think you should, why are you here?

Quote:
You still don't address the issue that they bring the jobs down here because they can pay someone who would make 75k up there 35k, and the COL is creeping up by the day... All the other bs about "quality of life" "good workers" etc is just corporate bs to woo people like you. Not to mention the millions in tax breaks they get.

Then when the economy downturns again, guess what the first jobs that are laid off in bulk? Yep, you got it! The back offices in Tampa.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:35 AM

In post # 16 of this thread you posted "we have cheap labor and NO unions"

Now you have a son that works under a union. is that in FL?

If it is, how could honestly make the statement you did in #16?

What do you have to back up the statement that we have "cheap labor"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
` yes they are, but not too many - my son works under a union and its GREAT!!

Old 11-08-2013, 09:41 AM

8,706 posts, read 8,789,828 times
Quote:
they bring the jobs down here because they can pay someone who would make 75k up there 35k
Data to back this up please? Otherwise it does not mean anything.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:53 AM

I am waiting on this data also. I thnk we will have a long wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Data to back this up please? Otherwise it does not mean anything.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:55 AM

3,378 posts, read 7,875,900 times
These arguments are amusing. I could make $25K+ more if I moved to Chicago. Guess what... I have no desire to move to Chicago and know that between vehicle taxes, income tax, property tax, housing, tolls, outrageous cost for any labor (mechanic, carpenter, etc) I wouldn't really be that far ahead. Did I mention... it's Chicago? And quite honestly, I think higher of Chicago than I do of NJ.

If the NorthEast was so great, why are so many people from there coming here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or