Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 08:46 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times

Advertisements

No need to spin the facts. I've seen it in action. Weavers from the far right lane to the far left and back again to the right just to gain a car link at a time is common. Passing one car to cut in and exit.... Lots of that seen. Personally just from my observation I think Tampa has to take a back seat to Orlando with people driving on the grass shoulders to pass on the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 08:57 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,174,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
yeah but they didnt manage to get out of the bottom half in ANY of them, so that is why they are the 4TH worst driving City in the country. Have you ever tried to ride a bicycle or walk anywhere in or around Tampa????!? My guess is no...
No but I used to drive a radio taxi in NYC(during my college years). Nothing tops that. I even remember getting stuck on I-95 in DC for 6 hrs due to ..guess what, a fatal accident. Trust me, Tampa ain't one of the worse out there and definitely does not deserve that distinction. If you want to see/talk about fatal accidents, go drive in Germany; they speed like crazy but everyone praises them, despite some horrific accidents.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:00 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
I'm surprised we are not the third worst. Drivers here are nut-bags. JMO of course.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:03 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,174,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I'm surprised we are not the third worst. Drivers here are nut-bags. JMO of course.
Like I said, everyone here is from somewhere else, so the entire country must not know how to drive.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Like I said, everyone here is from somewhere else, so the entire country must not know how to drive.
A lot of people from NY and NJ, so I would "guess" that they should actually be #1 & #2. Not sure how they did the list, but I know that the drivers here are worse than I have seen just about anywhere. Not scientific of course, just an observation.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Yup. Us few remaining old time multi generation FL natives are now an endangered species. Especially with all the imported drivers that don't have an attitude of take it easy. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:10 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
I am an endagered species, I like that- lol... I think its all over, it's an attitude thing, n auto commercials just say - BRR BRRMM VRMMM!!! what are you expecting- go fast - its enbeded in your 4 yr olds minds.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:46 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
I agree with the previous postings. It seems to me that once an aggressive driver gets in the vehicle they undergo a mental transformation. The left to right and back again thing is ridiculous. It seems I always wind up next to those guys at the next red light. Wear and tear on their vehicles and annoyance to those sharing the road with them. I hate people who MUST get in front of someone so they can then apply their brakes every few seconds because they are on the tail of the guy in front of them. This is certainly a universal problem. The further you get away from cities the better it gets. I drive US 41 from Tampa to Spring Hill often. I see more stupid driving south of 54 than I see anywhere else nearby. The more lanes, the more idiotic driving.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I agree with the previous postings. It seems to me that once an aggressive driver gets in the vehicle they undergo a mental transformation. The left to right and back again thing is ridiculous. It seems I always wind up next to those guys at the next red light. Wear and tear on their vehicles and annoyance to those sharing the road with them. I hate people who MUST get in front of someone so they can then apply their brakes every few seconds because they are on the tail of the guy in front of them. This is certainly a universal problem. The further you get away from cities the better it gets. I drive US 41 from Tampa to Spring Hill often. I see more stupid driving south of 54 than I see anywhere else nearby. The more lanes, the more idiotic driving.
Couldn't have said it better.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:57 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,269 times
I actually agree with Spring Hillian on his last post, lol ...I saw a man in my parking garage at work get angry at a co-worker for going too slow up the ramp, honk the horn and give the bird and then when he parked and go out of his car, he held the door open for the same person on the way in!!! If I wouldnt have seen it with my own two eyes, I would of never believed it. That **** was crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay