U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 08:29 AM

3 posts, read 3,896 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving in the next 3 weeks. I don't have any kids I have to worry about schools. I'm very interested in the Tarpon Springs area. My concern is time to drive to and from work. I'll be working on Tampa Road in the heart of Oldsmar. Google maps indicates about a 15-20 minute drive. Is that accurate with rush hour traffic? My office hours will be 8:30 to 5:00. I want to live in a safe area where a single 35-40 year old female can walk her dog without too much concern. Any thoughts? (I can afford up to $850 in rent.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 08:25 PM

21 posts, read 97,582 times
Exclamation commute may take a little longer

My best estimate is that you are looking at more like 45 minutes for your commute. Tarpon Springs is a quaint town. However your safety walking your dog, particularly at night, will vary by area/neighborhood. Please select wisely.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:27 AM

292 posts, read 531,305 times
You can get from Tarpon Springs to Oldsmar in 15 minutes without traffic. During rush hour you're looking at 30 minutes. Because you'd be dealing with US19. Try East Lake, easier commute nice area, safe neighborhood, very close to Tarpon Springs.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:40 PM

20,208 posts, read 12,118,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
I'll be moving in the next 3 weeks. I don't have any kids I have to worry about schools. I'm very interested in the Tarpon Springs area. My concern is time to drive to and from work. I'll be working on Tampa Road in the heart of Oldsmar. Google maps indicates about a 15-20 minute drive. Is that accurate with rush hour traffic? My office hours will be 8:30 to 5:00. I want to live in a safe area where a single 35-40 year old female can walk her dog without too much concern. Any thoughts? (I can afford up to $850 in rent.)
I live east of Oldsmar in apts which I consider very safe, also single female,,, when I want to drive to Pinellas to beach etc on weekends, piece of cake. Oldsmar has a great parks too!

Old 08-12-2013, 12:53 PM

8,706 posts, read 8,818,996 times
Oldsmar is a nice place to live. The East Side of Palm Harbor (34685 in the East Lake Corridor) is great place to live with a very very short commute to Oldsmar. Tarpon Springs is nice and interesting and they just widened Keystone Road and are about to change the speed limit to 45, which will greatly help your commute. If going WITH traffic I tend to add half again as much to the commute time during rush hour as a "general" rule. Outside of rush hour, the times are pretty accurate on googlemaps.

I think you have many great options, including the Countryside area to choose from.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:37 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,578,761 times
You will find apts in Oldsmar, East Lake, Tarpon Springs that are very nice for your budget.

Good Luck in your search and your move.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,801 times
My husband & I both retired, looking to relocate to Tarpon Springs. We just would want a 55+ senior apt. We're not looking for night life. Just quiet, small town, reasonably safe area. We are not well off so we're looking for reasonable rent. Anyone know if there are senior apts available in Tarpon Springs?

Last edited by mbergin; 06-12-2014 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Add a question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or