Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 10:34 AM

4 posts, read 9,607 times

Advertisements

Moving down to the Tampa area from Long Beach, NY with my husband and 8 year old and considering GreyHawk Landing. (Husband works in Tampa). Family in Parrish and North St. Petersburg that I'd like to be accessible too. Thoughts on anyone looking at, living in or familiar with GreyHawk? I am going back and forth between there and Fish Hawk. (Guess it's a "Hawk" thing.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 09:32 AM

644 posts, read 1,484,939 times
I like Greyhawk Landing; it is heavily family-oriented and somewhat away from all cities; Sarasota, St. Pete, etc. This may be good or bad depending on what you want to do. I think the commute to Tampa could be a bit much though.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:43 AM

17 posts, read 19,212 times
Lots of professionals who work at huge facilities around Brandon such as Citi, Chase, the mall etc etc live in GreyHawk.....just hard to get in and out ..sort of a weird access/egress in my opinion.

I also know numbers of pros who live at GH that work in SRQ and LWR medical center, just a straight shot down 75, and really not a bad commute at all.

I would not want to commute to DT TPA using the crosstown living in GH, or working at USF in the Fletcher area, or Carrollwood or New Tampa for instance. I know 2 people that get on 75/275 and go across the SkyW to DT st Pete...I wouldn't want to do that everyday though.

GH is very nice, and at one time I considered it, but there were much better choices that fit my own needs.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:16 AM

644 posts, read 1,484,939 times
I considered Greyhawk also, and even rented in that area of Bradenton for a few months during the season. I was warned by a realtor that some people find the area kind of far out and away from things and too quiet in the summer.

She was right. I liked some things about the area but would not move there after trying it out. I got tired of all the driving; Greyhawk is not close to the things that I like to do day-to-day. One distinctive thing that I and others noted is that there are very few restaurants in that part of Bradenton. I was always hopping on the turnpike and either traveling 10 miles south or towards the shore to do things, or 40 minutes to St. Pete, or an hour to Tampa.

If you like being out in the country without the typical strip malls and restaurants of Florida, Greyhawk may be your cup of tea. But personally I'd go with Fishhawk, or there are many other communities out there off I-75 on the way up to Tampa. For myself I've decided on either Tampa or St. Pete. The restaurants are better and more numerous, there is more energy and more accessibility to a lot of things to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay