Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 PM

7 posts, read 13,145 times

Advertisements

We are likely moving to tampa (work relo) in the next couple of months. We are a family of four (we have twin 5 year olds) . My husband will be working near the highwoods preserve. We were there last year to look around and liked seven oaks, wesley chapel..but would like some opinions as to what would be best for our kids. Our boys are starting kindergarten so i would like some feedback about schools.
We are going to rent at first, would prefer a house but are open. What areas are recommended?
Thanks in advance for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 08:16 AM

877 posts, read 1,912,183 times
I recommend checking out Seven Oaks, Grand Hampton and Tampa Palms.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:46 AM

Thank you, from what we saw we liked Seven Oaks, confused about the school ratings on Great Schools, ie Turner Elementary had excellent to the worse. I'll check out Grand Hampton & tampa Palms as well. thank you for you response.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,487 times
If you can find something in Live Oak they have an Elementary School right in the Community. It is a Master Planned Community right off Bruce B Downs a little South of Seven Oaks.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:27 PM

515 posts, read 1,347,660 times
If you're looking to rent, you should be able to find plenty of rentals in either Live Oak or Grand Hampton. I personally think that Grand Hampton has nicer amenities and in general is a nicer neighborhood, and the schools are the same for both.

If you decide to buy, I would suggest looking at the more established neighborhoods such as Hunter's Green and Tampa Palms. They weren't hit as hard during the real estate downturn because they weren't built at the height of the market like the newer neighborhoods were. That's why you won't find as many rentals. I'd avoid buying in many of the newer neighborhoods because the number of foreclosures allowed investors to come in and buy relatively inexpensive rental properties. I'd rather my neighborhood be full of long term owner/residents than short term renters.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:20 AM

Thank you for your insight! I read some horror stories about Live Oak- not sure if on here as it was a about a year ago, but I'll look into there as well. Initially we need to rent as we are renting out our house here in Texas, down the line we would like to buy. Our biggest must have is good schools, commute seems to be crucial in Florida, amenities would be nice as we currently have Zippo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay