Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:10 PM

20 posts, read 72,357 times

Advertisements

It's been almost 2 months and am still struggling to like Tampa....not that I had a choice in moving here

- This place has no "living" historic areas
- No restaurants worth anything
- Traffic - you gotta see the volume to believe it, the traffic lights are SOOOO F*ING LOOOONGGG
- People drive like maniacs here
- You'd think the people would be more active with the weather being nice - the people are fat and ugly and you don't see anyone walking around - the tennis courts are empty, the swimming pools are empty, the jogging trails are empty
- If you are an active, younger adult (20s, 30s, 40s), you'd be hard pressed to find others like you
- If are a white collar worker with higher level of education from a good university, you'd be hard pressed to find others like you
- This place is like a huge suburb of 2 million lower middle class, blue collar people with hobos mixed in
- the houses are CHEAAAPPP with absolutely no character at all
- The beaches are waaay overated.
- This is not a cosmopolitan place at all
- Auto insurance is ridiculous because of nitwit drivers
- They consider themselves "the South" but I don't think that's correct at all. "The South" had some culture, but Tampa has zilch.
- If you are thinking this is somewhat of an ocean-side community - it's not and neither does it feel like it.
- The less said about their voting patterns the better - but it's not surprising considering the way they think (or not).

Last edited by Keeper; 11-13-2007 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: removed vulgar comparison

Old 11-13-2007, 04:27 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,379,348 times
[quote=kobraboy;1988526]It's been almost 2 months and am still struggling to like Tampa....not that I had a choice in moving here

I feel sorry that you are struggling, kobraboy, please reach out if you need any assistance finding any good in this area. I can help you find answers to all of your comments in your post, just let me know, been here 20 years from New York.

Last edited by Keeper; 11-13-2007 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: removed quote

Old 11-13-2007, 04:33 PM

165 posts, read 516,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampaguy03 View Post
I feel sorry that you are struggling, kobraboy, please reach out if you need any assistance finding any good in this area. I can help you find answers to all of your comments in your post, just let me know, been here 20 years from New York.

I doubt you can help him. He is just unhappy and wants to let everyone know he is superior to Florida.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:43 PM

390 posts, read 366,580 times
Meh. Just moved here from NY, and while you are dead on about the drivers, I'm quite content with Tampa as a whole, though definitely would like to meet some more people my age (mid-20's).

Old 11-13-2007, 04:52 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,946 times
i agree that traffic is bad (though it is bad in some other cities also) but i see people walking and running all the time and have noticed that the people here are MUCH more attractive than where i came from. MUCH more attractive and active. They are friendlier also.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:48 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,099,312 times
[quote=kobraboy;1988526]....not that I had a choice in moving here
QUOTE]

That's your problem. Not too many people would be happy either if they didn't have a choice to move somewhere they didn't want to be.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:05 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
The drivers are from the northern cities. And by the way, "do you want some cheese with that wine". Sucks to be you....

Old 11-13-2007, 06:23 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobraboy View Post
It's been almost 2 months and am still struggling to like Tampa....not that I had a choice in moving here

- Traffic - you gotta see the volume to believe it, the traffic lights are SOOOO F*ING LOOOONGGG
- You'd think the people would be more active with the weather being nice - the people are fat and ugly and you don't see anyone walking around - the tennis courts are empty, the swimming pools are empty, the jogging trails are empty
- If you are an active, younger adult (20s, 30s, 40s), you'd be hard pressed to find others like you
- If are a white collar worker with higher level of education from a good university, you'd be hard pressed to find others like you
- This place is like a huge suburb of 2 million lower middle class, blue collar people with hobos mixed in
- They consider themselves "the South" but I don't think that's correct at all. "The South" had some culture, but Tampa has zilch.
- If you are thinking this is somewhat of an ocean-side community - it's not and neither does it feel like it.
- The less said about their voting patterns the better - but it's not surprising considering the way they think (or not).
When I first read this post, I had mixed emotions - on the one hand it couldn't be more bashing and insulting, but it's so ridicuously over the top I can't stop laughing! Like "everyone is fat and ugly," and we "are all blue collar workers with hobos mixed in". And I am not even going to address the final comment!

It's one thing not to like a place, but I continually wonder why te mods let posts like this stand. But then again, it might serve to actually deter any more like him from coming down!

Last edited by Keeper; 11-13-2007 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: removed part of quote that was deleted

Old 11-13-2007, 06:31 PM

205 posts, read 989,682 times
This could not possibly be more of the TRUTH about Tampa. Well said.

[quote=kobraboy;1988526]It's been almost 2 months and am still struggling to like Tampa....not that I had a choice in moving here

quote]

Last edited by Keeper; 11-13-2007 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: removed quote

Old 11-14-2007, 05:41 AM

165 posts, read 516,381 times
It is no surprise that people here, much like the rest of the world, cannot seperate opinion from fact. So NeedAChangeFromFL might want a name change to IAmMorallySuperiorToFlorida.

[quote=NeedAChangeFromFL;1991018]This could not possibly be more of the TRUTH about Tampa. Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobraboy View Post

quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay