Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 06:37 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times

Advertisements

Looks like we bought at an almost perfect time in Tampa Bay last year. One can never know for sure when the bottom has passed, until they are looking at it after the fact. It is now after the fact. 2011-2012 seems like it was the perfect time to have purchased a home, as values have gone up and are continuing so.....with bidding wars.

Glad we got ours when we did, with rock bottom interest rates and has already appreciated nicely. Not too often in markets can you buy low AND get rock bottom interest rates at the same time. And to have been able to affordably purchase in a premier neighborhood in a phenomenal area.

Have to appreciate what you have in life, as not all things are great at all times. I vow to always appreciate what I have and the good fortune to be here in Tampa Bay at this time in my life.

Happy camper here and hope everyone else jumped in when they could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 06:45 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Yeah but didn't you see these huge garbage bins that are being forced on us?

Old 08-27-2013, 07:06 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
As luck would have it, we bought a full size 3 car garage and a HUGE bin can fit in there.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:10 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,880 times
LOL! You must not have read all the posts about DON'T BUY! Only Real Estate Agents want you to buy because they don't care what happens to your homes value. (sarcasm I sincerely hope is seen here)

Seriously: Glad your decision worked out for you. It was a scary couple of years and hopefully we won't see that scenario again in our life times!

Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM

443 posts, read 558,540 times
That sound you hear is him tooting his own horn.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
We bought "right" too in July09...our house has appreciated about $200,000...and we have a small mortgage at a low rate...only problem that our property taxes are going up too...

Old 08-27-2013, 09:27 PM

552 posts, read 720,314 times
Way to pat yourselves on the back for being lucky guys.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:14 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Looks like we bought at an almost perfect time in Tampa Bay last year. One can never know for sure when the bottom has passed, until they are looking at it after the fact. It is now after the fact. 2011-2012 seems like it was the perfect time to have purchased a home, as values have gone up and are continuing so.....with bidding wars.

Glad we got ours when we did, with rock bottom interest rates and has already appreciated nicely. Not too often in markets can you buy low AND get rock bottom interest rates at the same time. And to have been able to affordably purchase in a premier neighborhood in a phenomenal area.

Have to appreciate what you have in life, as not all things are great at all times. I vow to always appreciate what I have and the good fortune to be here in Tampa Bay at this time in my life.

Happy camper here and hope everyone else jumped in when they could.
Glad it worked out for you. We're right behind you (moving into our new Mirabay home this December!) although our purchase was this past spring. I think our timing was good re price since Westbay has already raised their prices since we bought. Our model went up over 20K. I'm not sure what rate we'll get for a mortgage this fall. I suspect they'll be up about 1/2 to 3/4 % voer the quote I got when we were qualified in the spring.

My fingers are crossed.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:16 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
Way to pat yourselves on the back for being lucky guys.
Lucky or smart? Doesn't really matter. I think that it's great to be able to pat oneself on the back when one makes a good decision. I don't know about you , but, the pats I give myself are offset by the kicks for making a lousy decision.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:27 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,609,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Do you live in a town house? Is the town house all you can afford? poking fun at people who have been put into an HOA violation path without a fault of their own really rude.

Prius, Pinellas county always does MUCH BETTER than anywhere else inland. Everyone we know there has never knew that the market crashed...the advantage is the closeness to the water which always wins in Florida. Somewhere far on a former pasture will never have the same appreciation. I just went to a friend in Balantrae and that whole place is awful...half the homes are with scaffolding fixing their upstairs, and there is literally nothing around by pastures!

It's good that you bought in Pinellas. It'll be hard to loose value there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay