Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:50 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,605,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
What airline were you flying where maintenance leaves at
7pm?
JetBlue...no lie...mechanic was halfway through the repair of our plane,he got off at 7pm...they had a mechanic available to come over from JFK but the "union" wouldn't allow it...I heard all of this because I happened to be sitting right by the check out counter and as passengers were going ape $h!t I heard the flight desk attendants talking to the mechanical crew...got a lousy $100 voucher for next flight!!!LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 09:05 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,598,105 times
JetBlue is non-union. Always has been.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:06 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,003,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
What's a "surface street"?
Anything non-freeway. I learned that term on the Los Angeles forum.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:36 PM

35,368 posts, read 20,747,842 times
<LI class= >a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances.

<LI class=> Anything that poses a challenge or a threat to our well-being is a stress. Some stresses get you going and they are good for you - without any stress at all many say our lives would be boring and would probably feel pointless. However, when the stresses undermine both our mental and physical health they are bad.

so... what is stress for me, might not be for you.. ahh beauty is in the eye of the beholder in this case.
My " relax" is a social life which is nil here so it is what it is.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:53 PM

500 posts, read 1,169,112 times
Spring Hillian, you are my most favoritest today :-)

I can totally see how traffic would stress people out, as I would rather have jumped off that long-ass bridge than driven in it myself when we were there in May. But then again, I hate traffic here in Columbus, OH with the passions of the same thousand fiery suns.

But once I sat my ass in the sand and felt the waves rushing over my toes, it all took a much rosier tint.

The only thing I can figure is that those people on that list have never made it out of Hillsborough County and don't realize that there's nature's very own free stress relief just across the causeway.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:30 PM

7,119 posts, read 8,605,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
JetBlue is non-union. Always has been.
Only repeating what I overheard...mechanic was not staying past 7pm and JFK mechanic was not allowed to travel to LAG... So that's all I can say...

Old 09-06-2013, 10:31 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,161,647 times
Tampa Bay in general is not stressful per say (most of the environment is beautiful). It's the concoction of people from anywhere else that cannot communicate causing issues for each other, therefore, stressing themselves out. The people, well..take a look at this forum; does anyone agree with anyone or anything? It's constant bickering, negativity.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:32 PM

175 posts, read 351,704 times
One can be stressed out in any city; it is asinine to say that Tampa is the most stressful city. I think the backdrop of Tampa being such a beautiful city, an imagined paradise of warm gulf waters and amazing sunsets, makes it all the harder to stomach. To be sure, one would expect living in Newark, Detroit, Ft. Wayne would be stressful, but Tampa catches one by surprise.

I personally believe it's less stressful and less expensive to live in NYC than in Tampa (my opinion based on living in both cities).

If one has well paid career or can live in retirement comfortably, then Tampa is hands down the best city on earth. But most people in the bay area are not this fortunate. For a large majority, I can understand how sitting in traffic to go and from a low paying job, barely live paycheck to paycheck, never having the opportunity to go to the beach or enjoy the outdoors, would induce a great deal of stress.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:45 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,161,647 times
Nahh, even though I'm not a New Yorker, I lived in NYC and it's definitely more stressful/expensive. That would be comparing apples & oranges.

I also know someone who lives 15 mins from the beach, makes at least $80K (working 1 full time and 1 part time job) and has been to the beach once in 15+ years. There's always time/ways to enjoy life but some people's lives are too complicated.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:48 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,034,938 times
Less expensive in NYC? More stressful then NYC? You must be kidding. I am a ex-NYC resident. Just last week I was sitting with an old friend in Orlando who was visiting. Their price quotes on basic commodities would prove your statement wrong. Less stress in NYC? Oh pleeeze. Where in Brooklyn do you reside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm267 View Post
One can be stressed out in any city; it is asinine to say that Tampa is the most stressful city. I think the backdrop of Tampa being such a beautiful city, an imagined paradise of warm gulf waters and amazing sunsets, makes it all the harder to stomach. To be sure, one would expect living in Newark, Detroit, Ft. Wayne would be stressful, but Tampa catches one by surprise.

I personally believe it's less stressful and less expensive to live in NYC than in Tampa (my opinion based on living in both cities).

If one has well paid career or can live in retirement comfortably, then Tampa is hands down the best city on earth. But most people in the bay area are not this fortunate. For a large majority, I can understand how sitting in traffic to go and from a low paying job, barely live paycheck to paycheck, never having the opportunity to go to the beach or enjoy the outdoors, would induce a great deal of stress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay