Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 06:01 AM

7 posts, read 12,268 times

Advertisements

Good morning, I will be visiting the Tampa area in early October and moving there in November. I am going to rent so I’m putting together a list of apartment developments to visit during my trip. I won’t be limited to the list.

Do any of you have knowledge of the Camden Preserve (zip code 33616) and Camden Woods developments (zip code 33634)? Other suggestions are welcome.

I am a 66 year old single retired male. I hope to find a gated development in a relative safe area. I travel so I need to lock and leave my apartment for a few weeks from time to time. In addition, I am retired military thus I would like, but it is not a requirement, to be near MacDill afb so that I can use the base facilities several times a week. It appears that Camden Preserve is close to the base but the rent is about $100 more than I would desire to pay.

Thanks for your assistance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 10:21 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,190 times
Camden Woods is in Brandon, so I would avoid that if you are interested in being really close to MacDill.

Camden Preserve is on Westshore a good ways south to wear it *nearly* becomes a bit sketchy honestly, although I have never heard of issues before. You would have a VFW close by and one of the best restaurants in South Tampa (my opinion) with Hula Bay.

We *almost* moved into Mainsail apartments on Himes just north of Gandy (near the YMCA) whenever we first moved to Tampa. They looked decent although a bit outdated. Seemed safe for sure.

Another to look at if you want to be REALLY close to MacDill is Clipper Cove. I don't know the specifics of them, but they are on Interbay just west of Dale Mabry. They appear to be newer than others in the area.

There is another Camden property...Camden Westshore. This property is in a better area than Camden Preserve and is on the corner of Westshore/Gandy. I have known a few people to live there and enjoy it.

One of the most popular complex is The Cove, also on Westshore. A bit more of a younger crowd I would say, although I do know plenty of 50+ year olds that live there who frequent some of the local bars in the area. To me, they were overpriced for the condition they are in- probably due to being close to water.

Good luck!

All of the ones I mentioned are within 5 minutes to the gate at MacDill, if not closer.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:10 PM

7 posts, read 12,268 times
Thanks for the info SeaSpur. As a VFW life member, it great to learn that there is a post in the area close to MacDill.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:21 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
The Pavilions. It's not gated, but the grounds are beautiful and I loved living there. It's about a half mile from the base gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay