U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 AM

20,062 posts, read 12,038,970 times

Advertisements

Problem with Florida is many come to stay awhile and leave, they never get accustomed to our way of life because only here for a season...even if they come every year. And some come to die. The foreigners are the happiest and in love with the USA except Canadians they just feel entitled The misery is from people who come from the the rest of the US. - But not all Florida is alike,,, the most complainst I have experienced are here? I dont know why.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:44 AM

642 posts, read 861,680 times
Yeah, I drive slow and walk slow and shop slow....deal with it.

More important things in life to worry about then some pushy Northerners

Old 09-18-2013, 10:52 AM

4,812 posts, read 3,463,725 times
One guys posts about bad service at Hollister, quite possibly the epicenter of self centered teenage employees where they have that aloof attitude by design, then it quickly turns into your typical "transplants ruin everything" "if you don't like it you can get out" posts, most transplants I know don't care, I don't care if the service is slow at a restaurant then I don't go back there, I am sure most people who posted about slow service dont really care that much either but since it was brought up they posted and its the "go back where you came from" posts that make it a bigger deal than what its is.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:13 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,976,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I TOLD you all why... and you won't listen! You are going on and on blaming everything but who is to blame. This situation will get even worse, because you the consumer, really aren't making the companies accountable for good customer service. Efficient- I laugh. I do not care to serve you with the same care since they cut my hours and benefits, sorry buddy- and this is what i hear from my fellow employees.

You do realize that if you want us to 'blame' the companies it means we stop shopping at their stores. And then they have no reason to keep you on the payroll. Just sayin. You are being paid to do a job. Would you like me to ring myself up?

As a transplanted midwesterner - I moved here knowing the pace of life was slower; that's what I WANTED. I also kept all of my midwest manners and politeness.

If a cashier/employee/ect is friendly to me, I return the niceties. If you are rude and act like I'm a bother, I'm not going to be mean to you, but I'll probably be shopping somewhere else from then on. It's customer service. The employees ARE the companies. You may be the only employee on staff at a busy time of day, but I sympathize with that, I don't blame you for my wait time, but if you are rude and take it out on me, the customer, that you're frustrated with your job, you're not portraying your employer very well. You are hired to represent them. So I guess we are holding the companies responsible...if we want better customer service from them, they'll need to hire staff with better customer service skills. They could have every check out lane open and I could wait only 30 seconds to pay but if the employee has no customer service skills, I'll leave with a bad impression of the company.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:15 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,976,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
One guys posts about bad service at Hollister, quite possibly the epicenter of self centered teenage employees where they have that aloof attitude by design, then it quickly turns into your typical "transplants ruin everything" "if you don't like it you can get out" posts, most transplants I know don't care, I don't care if the service is slow at a restaurant then I don't go back there, I am sure most people who posted about slow service dont really care that much either but since it was brought up they posted and its the "go back where you came from" posts that make it a bigger deal than what its is.
My first thought was that the problem was that they were shopping at Hollister, not that this was FL

Old 09-18-2013, 03:53 PM

4,224 posts, read 5,677,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post

PS - I would pissed if I had hot foods bagged in with my frozen items. I really don't want my hot pastrami sandwich thawing out my fish sticks in the bag. I'm shocked that people on here are defending that!
Here in St. Pete, I'll bet no one lives more than five minutes from a Publix. Unless your sandwich is heated to 500 degrees F, your fish sticks will survive a five minute ride.

Who notices stuff like that? I stand in line with my groceries, talk to the cashier and bagger while they ring me up, pay and drive home and put my stuff away.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:02 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,227,944 times
Meh. I prefer low stress. Guess the problem is that there are two Florodas. The slow and steady vs the fast and growing. If I stay in Florida, Id rather live the slow and steady, but to survive I have to work the fast and growing. I'm stuck in the rat race and it sucks. Wish I could live in slowdown town and not care about it.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:14 PM

20,062 posts, read 12,038,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
You do realize that if you want us to 'blame' the companies it means we stop shopping at their stores. And then they have no reason to keep you on the payroll. Just sayin. You are being paid to do a job. Would you like me to ring myself up?

As a transplanted midwesterner - I moved here knowing the pace of life was slower; that's what I WANTED. I also kept all of my midwest manners and politeness.

If a cashier/employee/ect is friendly to me, I return the niceties. If you are rude and act like I'm a bother, I'm not going to be mean to you, but I'll probably be shopping somewhere else from then on. It's customer service. The employees ARE the companies. You may be the only employee on staff at a busy time of day, but I sympathize with that, I don't blame you for my wait time, but if you are rude and take it out on me, the customer, that you're frustrated with your job, you're not portraying your employer very well. You are hired to represent them. So I guess we are holding the companies responsible...if we want better customer service from them, they'll need to hire staff with better customer service skills. They could have every check out lane open and I could wait only 30 seconds to pay but if the employee has no customer service skills, I'll leave with a bad impression of the company.
I guess you didn't read my other posts. my tally came in for customer service and I got 9.50-10 is perfect. See I love people, and will help them if I can -paid or not- but most will not put up with the rude customer and the nasty supervisor both. They have a very high turn over,,,and many a happy employee is becoming SOUR because of changes in CO policy. Me? -they told me now only get one 15 min break & 1/2 lunch in 8 hrs... I think my two weeks will be eminent. Unless you get behind a register, in a busy store you will NEVER see what I am saying. I would like to see how long you would last when the consumer throws his stuff and curses at you because there is ONLY one cashier- yep see it all the time, and now less employees are on the floor- the co's knows you need the items -and will come anyways, and there are 1000 more cashiers waiting for me to quit. Reality. By the way, it works, records sales, record profits with the least employees and limit of 29 work hrs per employee At least they are happy.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:56 AM

3,378 posts, read 7,869,549 times
I know how the OP feels. I remember feeling like this when I first moved here. I've become used to it.... to a point. People at work tell me I need to slow down all the time. I talk fast, I walk fast, I think fast.... I think it drive them bananas sometimes.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 AM

1,335 posts, read 4,364,654 times
its not so much the actual speed of things that seems alarming to me its more the effeciency and overall effictiveness of the way people, businesses, organizations, etc operate. I would lean more towards dysfunctional and incompetent than just slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay