U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 12:52 PM

4,978 posts, read 7,268,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Maybe Florida would be more pleasant for some of you disgruntled transplants if you made an effort to be patient, friendly and polite once in awhile. You get as good as you give, which by reading some of your posts......

and I'll stop there!!!
Impoliteness only comes about when customers are kept waiting forever and a day! I'm a very polite and considerate individual. Not so polite when i've just waited a half hour for some crap lunch meat. And for the record, im not just some transplant. I've lived in Florida for decades. I'ma Floridian, I own property here, pay taxes here, have my cars registered in this state, everything. It's a great place, but the customer service in FL...when compared to other loacles....sucks with a capital S

Old 09-17-2013, 01:32 PM

2,827 posts, read 3,198,979 times
I hate when I'm at a deli or someplace similar during lunch and the person in front of me orders 50 sandwiches for the whole office.

That's why you call or fax ahead, idiots.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:32 PM

20,061 posts, read 12,033,509 times
I TOLD you all why... and you won't listen! You are going on and on blaming everything but who is to blame. This situation will get even worse, because you the consumer, really aren't making the companies accountable for good customer service. Efficient- I laugh. I do not care to serve you with the same care since they cut my hours and benefits, sorry buddy- and this is what i hear from my fellow employees.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:49 PM

4,978 posts, read 7,268,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I TOLD you all why... and you won't listen! You are going on and on blaming everything but who is to blame. This situation will get even worse, because you the consumer, really aren't making the companies accountable for good customer service. Efficient- I laugh. I do not care to serve you with the same care since they cut my hours and benefits, sorry buddy- and this is what i hear from my fellow employees.
Then get a new job!

Old 09-17-2013, 01:54 PM

862 posts, read 1,211,315 times
Because this is the South. If you don't like it, you can go back to where you came from. Why do Yankees move down here and then moan about the way we do things and act like it's sooo much better back up nawth? If it's so much better up there, then why did you move down here in the first place????

What is the hurry anyway? Some of y'all need to stop and smell the roses. Life isn't supposed to be some big competitive rat race.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:59 PM

6,582 posts, read 6,791,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
Because this is the South. If you don't like it, you can go back to where you came from. Why do Yankees move down here and then moan about the way we do things and act like it's sooo much better back up nawth? If it's so much better up there, then why did you move down here in the first place????
Well it wasn't a burning desire to be at the mercy of slow moving rednecks...I guess it's just the law of unintended consequences !

Old 09-17-2013, 02:16 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,988,093 times
This is great stuff! I feel like we are the table with this discussion!

Old 09-17-2013, 02:51 PM

[quote=OptimusPrime69;31444310]Then get a new job![/quote]
I am not the one complaining- and I have a good job , this is just PT-- because of some medical expenses. Soon out of there.

Old 09-17-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
This is great stuff! I feel like we are the table with this discussion!
love it!!! and i was waiting for someone to send somebody back where they came from LOL... I am out now hehehehe

Old 09-17-2013, 02:56 PM
BBI

490 posts, read 808,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
It's called being "efficient" which has nothing to do with Geography!
It's not efficiency, it's priority. Up north, top priority is working as hard as you can. Here, not so much. Very significant impact on service. Here, the waitress isn't working very hard, her manager doesn't care because he's not working very hard, and I don't care that my lunch runs over an hour because I'm not working very hard, either. Contrast with the northeast, where the waitress is hustling, the manager is very focused on table turnover, I'm lucky to have any time for lunch, and there are other people with no time for lunch anxiously waiting for me to leave and free up a table.

That work-priority decision is a cultural thing; and, in that way, very much geographic. Whether you love it, hate it or are indifferent is a personal preference. Said this before, but I know lots of people who thrive on that fast northeastern pace and have no business moving here. They're not "rude" or "impatient" or whatever; but they're right where they belong up north. The frustrating thing to me is seeing people move here specifically to stop hustling, only to get angry/whiney upon discovering that nobody else is hustling. This isn't some resort geared for northeasterners playing "island time" for a weekend; in many ways, it's more like the other side of the resort wall, where there's a guy content to nap under a tree and everyone's fine with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay