Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:55 PM

213 posts, read 447,156 times

Advertisements

Oh my god. I was in the Tampa Bay Area and I was at the store. It took more than 10 minutes for the person in front of me to get cashed out, and they only had 20 items or so. It seems that everyone, and everything in Florida is so slow. I was at Hollister in the mall, and the employees there took their sweet time. 15 minutes to check out and fold 10 items? Do you see where I'm going with this? Everyone down here talks slow, walks slow, and drives slow. It drives me insane! Why is it so much different than the North East?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:03 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,644,522 times
Welcome to the south. I hate it, but the closest thing to up north, is South Florida.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:05 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,916,713 times
It just is a slower pace of life. Drives me nuts sometimes, but I have adapted somewhat. Now, let all the good Tampans start an all out insult war on you for daring to suggest Tampa isn't the most perfect metro area for all 7 billion people on earth

Old 09-15-2013, 10:37 PM

6,583 posts, read 4,958,655 times
I did not think people who shop at Hollister were capable of perceiving anything but themselves. You shouldn't judge an area by the actions of some minimum wage workers.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:55 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,629,821 times
What drives me absolutely crazy is the line at the Publix deli to get some cheese and lunch meat... It takes ages to be waited on. They take forever. This kind of horrible service at the Publix delis has been at every single Publix I've ever been to in FL. It takes forever for them to call your number.

1. U grab ur ticket
2. u wait an ungodly amount of time before they get through like 2 numbers.
3. 25 minutes later they call your number
4. Can never understand whatever they mumble out of their mouth, because they're from Haiti or something so...
5. U talk over them and spit out ur order as fast as u can
6. they take 4 minutes to find what meat to slice and unwrap it from that plastic wrap.
7. They then proceed to slice a piece....they then walk over to me and have me look at the slice.
8. immediately blurt out "yeah thats fine" ...short and terse.... because ur about to lose it
9. So help u god if u need cheese. It takes approximiately 3 minutes for them to wrap the meat back up
10. u order ur cheese
11. u die.

because it's taken so long to order that ur life is now passed u by because u had to wait SO long at the Publix deli.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:14 PM

7,115 posts, read 8,599,417 times
When I moved to Florida,I learned patience!

Old 09-16-2013, 12:06 AM

342 posts, read 1,422,901 times
Do you think it has to do with many of the people being retired? Not in a rush to get to work on time...or back to work from lunch? I am just curious? And tourists on vacation are probably a little more laid back.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:08 AM

342 posts, read 1,422,901 times
Actually - my daughter is moving there from Minnesota. She is down there this week - I will have to ask her if she noticed that. I think that if we could all slow down just a little, we would be less stressed.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,022,438 times
Because there isn't anything to rush about. Slow down, take it easy. Relax. You'll feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffalonianPride View Post
Oh my god. I was in the Tampa Bay Area and I was at the store. It took more than 10 minutes for the person in front of me to get cashed out, and they only had 20 items or so. It seems that everyone, and everything in Florida is so slow. I was at Hollister in the mall, and the employees there took their sweet time. 15 minutes to check out and fold 10 items? Do you see where I'm going with this? Everyone down here talks slow, walks slow, and drives slow. It drives me insane! Why is it so much different than the North East?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:14 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,022,438 times
They arent showing you the slice, they want you to taste it. 25 minutes wait time? Must be a lot of folks ahead of you. Take a number, go about your shopping, stop back at the deli and you won't be wasting all that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
What drives me absolutely crazy is the line at the Publix deli to get some cheese and lunch meat... It takes ages to be waited on. They take forever. This kind of horrible service at the Publix delis has been at every single Publix I've ever been to in FL. It takes forever for them to call your number. Haitian or something? I guess that depends on where one lives. Not here.

1. U grab ur ticket
2. u wait an ungodly amount of time before they get through like 2 numbers.
3. 25 minutes later they call your number
4. Can never understand whatever they mumble out of their mouth, because they're from Haiti or something so...
5. U talk over them and spit out ur order as fast as u can
6. they take 4 minutes to find what meat to slice and unwrap it from that plastic wrap.
7. They then proceed to slice a piece....they then walk over to me and have me look at the slice.
8. immediately blurt out "yeah thats fine" ...short and terse.... because ur about to lose it
9. So help u god if u need cheese. It takes approximiately 3 minutes for them to wrap the meat back up
10. u order ur cheese
11. u die.

because it's taken so long to order that ur life is now passed u by because u had to wait SO long at the Publix deli.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay