U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2013, 06:09 AM
 
642 posts, read 860,691 times
Reputation: 979

Advertisements

How bout that ole cost of living argument?!? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2013, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
3,011 posts, read 4,818,397 times
Reputation: 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
How bout that ole cost of living argument?!? LOL
What about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 AM
 
25,763 posts, read 38,936,381 times
Reputation: 13762
As I stated in an other post....the MLS is wrongly inputting automatic info about floodzones for some areas being in the highest floodzone while the homes are not in a floodzone but show up and are classified as "X"!

One of our listings in 34685 in the Westwind community in Ridgemoor in Palm Harbor has that and we had removed it after double checking with the insurance and mortage company and the property appraiser/tax collector also having the right info...just the MLS automatically reclassified it to floodzone "A" which is the highest.

Sadly some clients may already have thought that area is in a floodzone but we are informing and letting evryone know that the MLS is wrong on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 06:03 AM
 
642 posts, read 860,691 times
Reputation: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
What about it?
What do you mean "what about it?" FL is not the bargain it once was...and thats a FACT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
3,011 posts, read 4,818,397 times
Reputation: 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
What do you mean "what about it?" FL is not the bargain it once was...and thats a FACT
I wasn't making any kind of argument about the cost of living, so I didn't understand your reply. That's what I mean.

Back on topic, I've achieved success in my comparison shopping. My new homeowners insurance is going to cost $300 less than it did last year. So in the end, I'm saving $700 total over the cost of renewing my existing policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 03:35 PM
 
3,921 posts, read 10,282,393 times
Reputation: 5207
I just got my Castle Key renewal notice. I have been holding my breath wondering what they would do. Premium increase is $60 so I'm relieved. I might comparison shop like you did. I would like a lower premium but I doubt my 80s stucco box would qualify for very many if any credits. Do you have sinkhole comprehensive or catastrophic coverage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
3,011 posts, read 4,818,397 times
Reputation: 3273
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
I just got my Castle Key renewal notice. I have been holding my breath wondering what they would do. Premium increase is $60 so I'm relieved. I might comparison shop like you did. I would like a lower premium but I doubt my 80s stucco box would qualify for very many if any credits. Do you have sinkhole comprehensive or catastrophic coverage?
I don't have the supplemental sinkhole coverage, just the catastrophic coverage under the standard policy. My house was built in 1985.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2013, 05:37 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,578 posts, read 6,780,826 times
Reputation: 9825
Rick Scott today called upon the AG to try and stop the increases till the state can review them further...supposedly Florida has only used 1/4 the amount we have paid in...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2013, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,047 posts, read 11,996,122 times
Reputation: 8688
10 Insanely Overpaid Public Employees | The Fiscal Times

Executive Director


Earnings: $343,608
Where:Citizens Property Insurance Corp., FL (Florida’s public insurance provider)

As public insurance premiums rise for homeowners in Florida, so do executives’ earnings. Scott Wallace was paid a base wage of $343,608 in 2009, one of the highest-paid employees in the state. Even homeowners who choose to insure their property with a private insurer are helping fund Wallace’s wage, paying a 1.4 percent fee on their premiums to cover Citizens’ shortfalls after Hurricane Katrina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2013, 03:32 PM
 
323 posts, read 577,705 times
Reputation: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
10 Insanely Overpaid Public Employees | The Fiscal Times

Executive Director


Earnings: $343,608
Where:Citizens Property Insurance Corp., FL (Florida’s public insurance provider)

As public insurance premiums rise for homeowners in Florida, so do executives’ earnings. Scott Wallace was paid a base wage of $343,608 in 2009, one of the highest-paid employees in the state. Even homeowners who choose to insure their property with a private insurer are helping fund Wallace’s wage, paying a 1.4 percent fee on their premiums to cover Citizens’ shortfalls after Hurricane Katrina
I think I'll go throw up now.....

Was that TMI? Sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top