Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:47 PM

10 posts, read 65,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Are you talking about living in or just driving through different areas?

It is pretty hard to tell you streets intersections, because Tampa is so large and there are exceptions. Example.. I would not live east of Florida Ave/Hillsborough and I 275 but there are a few neighborhoods that are OK. Tampa Heights and Seminole Heights has some good/bad areas. InterBay in S. tampa is the same. Suitcase city around Busch, FL, Fowler and I275 is bad period.

Thanks for the response, I'm concerned with LIVING, I can drive through and out of a "bad" area but can't drive out as fast if I live there.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:00 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
My suggestion.. depending on your lifestyle. Are you looking to rent or buy? Apt or House? Single or Married, night life ? Schools? Commute time desired?
Budget for housing?

Make a new thread and put in the info above so you can get an opinion from more members.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:55 AM

427 posts, read 1,093,518 times
And so you see a little activity going on in your neighborhood, just turn the other way. It doesn't affect you. You aren't going to get caught in the middle of a drive-by. Gangs don't even exist in Tampa. When is the last time you saw a wall of graffiti, or a gang tag? It's nothing but a young brother hustlin', trying to feed his family. If you're worried about your stuff then put bars on your windows. If it weren't for the drug activity in Tampa there would be no activity. You do want Tampa to be a contender don't you? How are we supposed to hold our own with the Miami's and the LA's of the country?

I think a soundtrack is in order here:
YouTube - rick ross everyday i'm hustlin

Old 12-22-2008, 05:58 AM

71 posts, read 243,737 times
every discussion ends ups mentioning race...it's really sad!!! I'm only 25 but ten years ago i was sure by this time race wouldn't be an issue...so much for that.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:17 AM

325 posts, read 979,674 times
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
As soon as you point out the obvious, everyone labels you a racist and a hater.
You people really kill me..lol..I am an African American female who has a M.A. in Criminology. I will agree that crime is higher in poverty stricken areas, and that those areas usually consists of minorities. Guess who comes to those poverty stricken areas to contribute to the crime of drugs? You guessed it...white people..lol..so you can say how undesirable a neighborhood is, but keep in mind who comes there to "cop their stuff.." so how "undesirable" is it really? I have lived in Atlanta, Austin, Fayetteville, NC, Carlisle, PA, and Germany, and I have never been afraid to go into anyone's neighborhood. It's all about your confidence and ability to adapt, which I have been totally successful at accomplishing. I believe some of you individuals need a realty check and need to pull your heads out of your fourth point of contact because it will allow you to become aware of what's really going on! :-)

Old 01-01-2009, 11:15 PM

286 posts, read 1,029,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
You people really kill me..lol..I am an African American female who has a M.A. in Criminology. I will agree that crime is higher in poverty stricken areas, and that those areas usually consists of minorities. Guess who comes to those poverty stricken areas to contribute to the crime of drugs? You guessed it...white people..lol..so you can say how undesirable a neighborhood is, but keep in mind who comes there to "cop their stuff.." so how "undesirable" is it really? I have lived in Atlanta, Austin, Fayetteville, NC, Carlisle, PA, and Germany, and I have never been afraid to go into anyone's neighborhood. It's all about your confidence and ability to adapt, which I have been totally successful at accomplishing. I believe some of you individuals need a realty check and need to pull your heads out of your fourth point of contact because it will allow you to become aware of what's really going on! :-)

Spot on. Will you marry me?

Old 01-02-2009, 07:45 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
I feel unsafe in rural boonie areas too and there are a lot of those in hillsborough. Mainly I imagine the country bumkins with their shotguns and moonshine.

Seriously I rather be roll around nebraska or somewhere around ybor at night then some of the rural areas. At least the ghetto's have lights and you see what's coming at you

Old 01-02-2009, 04:28 PM

286 posts, read 1,029,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I feel unsafe in rural boonie areas too and there are a lot of those in hillsborough. Mainly I imagine the country bumkins with their shotguns and moonshine.

Seriously I rather be roll around nebraska or somewhere around ybor at night then some of the rural areas. At least the ghetto's have lights and you see what's coming at you
Again spot on. The "ghettos" in Tampa are small and within a couple of minutes of leaving say, University, you're in Carrollwood. Rural areas are isolated and distant, plus likely go on the good ol' boy system. At least the city slum has a professional police force. Besides most of the "bad" minorities white suburbanites fear so much commit crimes against each other, and will never come to your area due to lack of transit.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:03 AM

2 posts, read 3,569 times
what about 8213 n 13th street bad or good looking at a house there

Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelea View Post
what about 8213 n 13th street bad or good looking at a house there
I wouldn't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay