Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 05:19 AM

5,022 posts, read 7,224,561 times

Advertisements

Article from 2011;

Pinellas' Hispanic population surges 71 percent since 2000 | Tampa Bay Times

Clearwater has a sizable Latino population, mostly from Mexico. Rumor has it that former mayor Gabe Cazares (son of Mexican parents) put out the word that businesses in Clearwater would welcome immigrant labor. Probably a lot of truth to that.

Cazares was an interesting guy-one of the few political leaders who was vocal about the takeover of Clearwater by Scientology. In turn, he and his family was harassed by the "church", even going as far as staging a phony hit and run accident in an attempt to discredit him.

Gabe Cazares - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-28-2013, 07:56 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Article from 2011;

Pinellas' Hispanic population surges 71 percent since 2000 | Tampa Bay Times

Clearwater has a sizable Latino population, mostly from Mexico. Rumor has it that former mayor Gabe Cazares (son of Mexican parents) put out the word that businesses in Clearwater would welcome immigrant labor. Probably a lot of truth to that.

Cazares was an interesting guy-one of the few political leaders who was vocal about the takeover of Clearwater by Scientology. In turn, he and his family was harassed by the "church", even going as far as staging a phony hit and run accident in an attempt to discredit him.

Gabe Cazares - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Now THAT is a well written and much more informative article and also contradictory to the original article
posted.

Nice find Vaughn and thx for posting.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:04 AM

51 posts, read 109,206 times
It doesn't surprise me that more Latinos from South Florida, the Northeast, and Latin America are opting for Orlando over Tampa. Orlando is "Miami-Lite."

Old 09-29-2013, 12:54 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
Hey, I have a question.......are you all "worried" that with this "hispanic invasion" we won't ever have better jobs in Florida? I am just trying to understand this "invasion" of racial directed posts!

If it has one head, two hands and two feet, shouldn't this person be free to work, and pay for their own crap? Just curious!

Is there a law that says Hispanics should work retail, whites office jobs, and blacks fast food???? where is that law cause I would love to see it.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:04 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Hey, I have a question.......are you all "worried" that with this "hispanic invasion" we won't ever have better jobs in Florida? I am just trying to understand this "invasion" of racial directed posts!

If it has one head, two hands and two feet, shouldn't this person be free to work, and pay for their own crap? Just curious!

Is there a law that says Hispanics should work retail, whites office jobs, and blacks fast food???? where is that law cause I would love to see it.
The thread just went racial. Time to shut it down.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:08 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times
What has it been since it started exactly kmarc? What are "Latino's?" exactly? are they aliens with green heads? I don't get it...why does it matter where they live? you make it sound like there is something that can be done to stop them from coming to Orlando, or Tampa! Miami is full of "Latinos" whatever country that is...Italians are of "Latin" origin too....are they amongst the folks we're discussing here too? what about the French?

Old 09-29-2013, 01:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:

I didn't notice any racial invasion posts.....until this one. Maybe I missed some posts. I will have to go back and reread. I know my comments where about the poorly written first article and then the well written second article. And I also posted that I don't care about racial or ethnic make-up one way or another, except for the great food aspect.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 09-29-2013 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: Added Ethnic to be clear

Old 09-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
What has it been since it started exactly kmarc? What are "Latino's?" exactly? are they aliens with green heads? I don't get it...why does it matter where they live? you make it sound like there is something that can be done to stop them from coming to Orlando, or Tampa! Miami is full of "Latinos" whatever country that is...Italians are of "Latin" origin too....are they amongst the folks we're discussing here too? what about the French?
Hey, I didn't write OR post the article, and you danged well know I said NOTHING about stopping anyone from moving anywhere. I don't care who moves to Orlando, or when or for what reason. You're trying to stir things up when people were having a perfectly calm discussion of migration patterns and possible reasons behind them.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I didn't notice any racial invasion posts.....until this one. Maybe I missed some posts. I will have to go back and reread. I know my comments where about the poorly written first article and then the well written second article. And I also posted that I don't care about racial make-up one way or another, except for the great food aspect.
There weren't any. Sometimes people just like to chum the waters.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I didn't notice any racial invasion posts.....until this one. Maybe I missed some posts. I will have to go back and reread. I know my comments where about the poorly written first article and then the well written second article. And I also posted that I don't care about racial make-up one way or another, except for the great food aspect.
LOL, I think people are on edge today, must be the looming goobermint shutdown. The Orlando thread about rude, aggressive people just went political, so we're not alone here. Not the best of days here in the Florida threads on CD. But learn what you can from it, all is not well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay