Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
We live in Ashley Oaks in Riverview. It's a small middle class community of 208 homes with a community pool, mature trees, a reasonable HOA, and sidewalks. We walk to the library, vet's office, florist, our doctors, dentist, Sweetbay, Peck's restaurant, the Riverview Sandwich Shop, our car repair shop, the park and tennis courts, church, etc. from our house. I think the walkability and friendliness are two of the nicest features of our community. Last night we had a block party for New Years, and the Super Bowl Party is already being discussed. If you need more information please feel free to contact me. Best wishes and Happy New Year.
I had to read this twice. You are in a housing community with neighbors that want to speak to each other and actually get together?! This can't be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 09:01 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
Lol. It is hard to believe isn't it?

Old 01-04-2014, 05:36 PM

7 posts, read 6,294 times
Hello,

Glad this thread was started then resurrected. I came on here to ask about Riverview alongside other surrounding areas but Riverview is at the top of our list.

We will be moving in May and the price of homes in Riverview caught our eyes (of course), however, we are from a city area and are not comfortable in very rural spaces. The thought of a lot of farm land, gives us the heebie jeebies .

We are looking for a home with a max budget of 350k and our company will be moving right across West Shore Plaza. We don't mind a 30-45 minute commute since that is what we do now. Any advice on areas with good school systems that do not enforce school uniforms? We have 4 children ages 7, 5, 2 and on it's way. We will also like to be no more than a 10-15 minute drive from shopping centers that will have a Target, restaurants and other essentials (yes, Target is essential).

Anything helps! Thanks!

Old 01-04-2014, 06:11 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving4Kiddos View Post
Hello,

Glad this thread was started then resurrected. I came on here to ask about Riverview alongside other surrounding areas but Riverview is at the top of our list.

We will be moving in May and the price of homes in Riverview caught our eyes (of course), however, we are from a city area and are not comfortable in very rural spaces. The thought of a lot of farm land, gives us the heebie jeebies .

We are looking for a home with a max budget of 350k and our company will be moving right across West Shore Plaza. We don't mind a 30-45 minute commute since that is what we do now. Any advice on areas with good school systems that do not enforce school uniforms? We have 4 children ages 7, 5, 2 and on it's way. We will also like to be no more than a 10-15 minute drive from shopping centers that will have a Target, restaurants and other essentials (yes, Target is essential).

Anything helps! Thanks!
Hillsborough county has a mandatory uniform policy until middle school. Look at 33629 , it has arguably the best school system, its 5 to 10 min from westshore.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:56 PM

7 posts, read 6,294 times
Thanks Dunndfrnt! I will look into that zip code.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:31 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,804,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isellhomesnow View Post
I sell homes in the Riverview area and it is becoming a hot area for families. In addition to the new hospital being built down there they will be putting in a new mall as well. There is also a lot of new construction going on. Very family friendly, pedestrian neighborhoods. Let me know if you would like more info, I'd be happy to help you out!
can real estate agent legally say anything bad about the area if the area in fact is not good? (I am not talking about Riverview now)

Old 01-07-2014, 01:47 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,078,831 times
Yes - technically - for example, an area could be blighted with sinkholes, could be right next to a new highway construction (planned), could have huge number of homes in foreclosure, all of these are bad, and should be highlighted to a buyer by a responsible agent. However to say something bad about an area that falls foul of Fair Housing Law (ie great catholic neighborhood or referring to ethnicity of population etc) is illegal. Also its wrong to put down an area just because of personal opinions, who is to say that everyone or anyone agrees with ones own
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay