U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2013, 11:21 AM
 
2,709 posts, read 4,386,598 times
Reputation: 2307

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
How can one find their specific BFE easily?
Here is a link that one can type an address and get a map with BFE. I am in AE. So, my BFE is used for insurance purposes and are calculated. My insurance premium will depend on BFE. If you are not in AE, I don't think you will have that number since by definition you are outside of the 1 in 100 flood risk zone.

https://msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stor...0001&langId=-1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2013, 11:45 AM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,706 posts, read 8,781,577 times
Reputation: 5072
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Here is a link that one can type an address and get a map with BFE. I am in AE. So, my BFE is used for insurance purposes and are calculated. My insurance premium will depend on BFE. If you are not in AE, I don't think you will have that number since by definition you are outside of the 1 in 100 flood risk zone.

https://msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stor...0001&langId=-1
Strange. Entering in my address and then it brings up non shaded squares, one of which my house is in. I click on it and it states the wrong subdivision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 12:08 PM
 
25,807 posts, read 39,015,790 times
Reputation: 13794
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Strange. Entering in my address and then it brings up non shaded squares, one of which my house is in. I click on it and it states the wrong subdivision.
I put in many addresses and al came up in the wrong sub division....very strange...looks liek the health care website!

I guess we need private companies to do things like this and not the government!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 12:15 PM
 
2,709 posts, read 4,386,598 times
Reputation: 2307
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I put in many addresses and al came up in the wrong sub division....very strange...looks liek the health care website!

I guess we need private companies to do things like this and not the government!
I know you don't like the word government but they were private contractors who screwed the site too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2013, 02:25 PM
 
3,924 posts, read 10,292,874 times
Reputation: 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Hillsborughs maps got updated sept 2013 you can check when yours are scheduled to be updated here
Flood Map Update Schedule | Flood Risks | Flood Insurance | FloodSmart

When you say 80% of people are not affected, thats is true but irrelevant, more than 80% of the people dont live in waterfront properties , most dont live in coastal areas, the implication of saying oh 80% of the people are not affected is that you shouldnt worry about it when in the tampa area that number is way larger. I agree with you the sky is not falling, but its a source of concern for many.
OK, I talked with Hillsborough County and got the scoop on flood maps. The 9/27/13 updates were only 4 panels in the Delaney Creek area (west of I-75 at Brandon Exit) and affected a total of 6 people. The existing maps from 2008 are still in effect and it's expected to remain the same until 2015-2016 when FEMA will review Watershed information again. So for now, no real changes in Hillsborough County (except those 6 noted above). Yay! Whew!

So going into 2015-16, anyone looking for flood zone designation in Hillsborough County can search by address at the following link --> GIS (Geographic Information Systems) - Hillsborough County, FL. I have no clue how to find out which subsidized communities are affected by the 25% rate increases (my next task).

To the 80% reference, I was quoting from the FEMA document...wasn't my words. But good point and well taken.

And to the OP's big investor subject, I saw another listing today where the public remarks say the investor is liquidating 227 properties. Not sure what to think. Could be a small investor but to me, that's pretty big. Or, I wouldn't (couldn't) handle that many without a reliable team.

Last edited by TampaKaren; 10-25-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2013, 05:10 AM
 
Location: Pinellas Park Florida
210 posts, read 503,732 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post

And to the OP's big investor subject, I saw another listing today where the public remarks say the investor is liquidating 227 properties. Not sure what to think. Could be a small investor but to me, that's pretty big. Or, I wouldn't (couldn't) handle that many without a reliable team.
Yep...That could be a game changer if others follow suit. I'm already experiencing investor's buying investors property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Tampa Bay Area
169 posts, read 991,414 times
Reputation: 172
Default You're comparing this year to last year... I'm comparing now to the peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Prices have been doing great. I am confused about your statement, being in real estate yourself.

Tampa Bay home prices make highest year-over-year jump since housing boom | Tampa Bay Times

"Tampa Bay home prices last month made their highest year-over-year jump since the housing boom, soaring 27 percent over July 2012"


Tampa area median home price surges 23.1% over year

"Tampa area median home price surges 23.1% over year"


Tampa Bay housing sales, prices leap in July


"theres no doubt that a tight supply of houses overall is causing some of the steepest price increases in years"


Home prices up 14.5% since January in Tampa Bay | wtsp.com

"Home prices up 14.5% since January in Tampa Bay"
Great links, thanks for sharing. My comments weren't comparing this year to last year. I was comparing this year to the peak of the market in Tampa, which was July 2006.

I am a broker in commercial/investment assets. I have interests in residential real estate on a national/macro level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2013, 08:07 AM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,706 posts, read 8,781,577 times
Reputation: 5072
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntfeldman View Post
Great links, thanks for sharing. My comments weren't comparing this year to last year. I was comparing this year to the peak of the market in Tampa, which was July 2006.

I am a broker in commercial/investment assets. I have interests in residential real estate on a national/macro level.
That's the mistake a lot of people. They complain about the bubble buildup, yet then they compare now to the peak bubble and say we are way off. Which way is it for some people? Do they want unsustainable bubble building or do they want to get back to a normal and healthy market?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2014, 03:04 PM
 
3,924 posts, read 10,292,874 times
Reputation: 5212
Then why is Berkshire Hathaway up to 1000 offices? The big investors are in it to make money, nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:52 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top