Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 PM

27,203 posts, read 46,518,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
Haha. I tried. I even tried running for the board, no avail. The residents of my community are idiots. They don't even look at the budget.
I don't understand how you can budget for $7200/mon. in landscaping on a property that only houses 144 town homes. I managed an apartment complex that was on a 25 acre lot and the largest bid (and this was doing Disney style vegetation) was $5200/mon.
The worst part, this guy is rude and people are intimidated by him. He's gotten up in many a person's face to tell them off, even acting as though he was going to hit this woman who spoke up.
Oh, and his little patch of dirt-yea, lush and flourishing with $500 palm trees. This guy can't fool me, I manage properties for a living.
They put in stupid "improvements or amenities" and nothing that anyone uses. Everyone complains and no one does anything about it.
I wish I could sell the home but no one wants to pay the $285/mon HOA fee, so homes still sit vacant.
I know I can't say the name-but my community is on S 301 near Boyette
Why can't you say the community name? Are you afraid it will be getting worse to sell if you mention the name of the community?

In some communities coming out in the open has helped as long as it was done with reasonable arguments and not a witch hunt that is based on no facts. Home owners who speak up can made a big change but it can take some time.

I know that in case of Pam Washburn it took like 2 years to get the Board to see that the home owners had a point and it was shocking to see the amount of people who showed up at the last 2 annual meetings without people really talking to each other, just everyone as an individual having the same issues and being sick and tired of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 07:06 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,677,486 times
No, I don't mind saying the name but I thought we weren't allowed to do that...but as long as I know I won't get in trouble for saying the name-I'll put it on this thread. Awful HOA, awful :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why can't you say the community name? Are you afraid it will be getting worse to sell if you mention the name of the community?

In some communities coming out in the open has helped as long as it was done with reasonable arguments and not a witch hunt that is based on no facts. Home owners who speak up can made a big change but it can take some time.

I know that in case of Pam Washburn it took like 2 years to get the Board to see that the home owners had a point and it was shocking to see the amount of people who showed up at the last 2 annual meetings without people really talking to each other, just everyone as an individual having the same issues and being sick and tired of it.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:09 AM

So many people in my community complain and no one does anything about it

Quote:

Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
So many people in my community complain and no one does anything about it
Don't give up ...we felt the same way and it changed when to many people got annoyed and some others started to wake up...

Old 10-30-2013, 03:55 PM

I hope so. I have been trying to motivate people for a change but so far nothing. Something does need to be done though, we pay way too much for what is offered and pay way to much to watch this guy's yard improve by the minute. He has the most lush landscaping in the front and back of his home...and my kitchen window faces his back yard so I see all his new vegetation pop up lol. I am just sick of paying for his lawn improvements when mine lacks it all

Quote:
Don't give up ...we felt the same way and it changed when to many people got annoyed and some others started to wake up...

Old 10-31-2013, 07:07 PM

Cross Creek at Summertree HOA - Home Page another community managed by Pam Washburn where home owners have complaints...I guess her way of running the company is slowly coming to an end!

Old 11-01-2013, 10:51 AM

Hmmm...maybe I won't get into trouble on here for mentioning my community's name lol.
I live in River Walk Town Homes. The community is a nice community, the HOA isn't very involved and the board is AWFUL. Fees are $285/mon. and includes water/basic Brighthouse cable. Amenities...they are a joke. We have a crappy little pool which is always over chlorinated, cheap pool furniture, 2 non-sensible dog "parks" and I say that loosely. They have nothing but a pet poo station and mulch. No one uses them, according to my neighbors, mulching isn't good for the pups. They just put in a BBQ/picnic area right behind the pool area. We have several kids in the community but they still have yet to install a playground. They cannot use space as an excuse because the perfect place for one is next to the pool-a big open space under big oak trees.
The retention pond is disgusting with no aerator to circulate water so there's usually loads of algae floating. Don't park on the sidewalk or swell, you'll get towed. Parking is horrible. Not enough guest spaces or you have a certain resident who parks their 4 cars in the few spaces near my home (the rest are on the other side of the property).
The community itself is nice-quiet, gates always work, always fixed timely when needed. Landscaping is kept up. Property was just repainted last year in a nice satin paint so it's easier to clean.
The homes have awesome layouts with lofts upstairs.
Typical cookie cutter place...144 units, small buildings unlike Valhalla (loads of units in 1 building).

But again, board members are terrible, president is downright rude. I know he gets kickbacks, look at his yard as compared to everyone else (along with an outrageously budgeted landscaping allowance a month).

The name of our HOA management company is Rizzetta & Company, Inc.

Quote:
Cross Creek at Summertree HOA - Home Page another community managed by Pam Washburn where home owners have complaints...I guess her way of running the company is slowly coming to an end!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:10 PM

Thats the same HOA I dealt with when we bought and flipped a brand new home in Meadow Pointe and litterally 2 days after closing we received a violation letter from the HOA on a brand new property...I was surprised at the time since I expected a welcome letter. Of course there wasn't any violation!

Maybe Pam Washburn who run New River will also face legal issues for foreclosing so fast without returning calls so owners didn't have a way to get a hold of anyone, incl. the lawyer she used.
‘Foreclosure king’ David Stern may be disbarred in Florida

Quote:
Hmmm...maybe I won't get into trouble on here for mentioning my community's name lol.
I live in River Walk Town Homes. The community is a nice community, the HOA isn't very involved and the board is AWFUL. Fees are $285/mon. and includes water/basic Brighthouse cable. Amenities...they are a joke. We have a crappy little pool which is always over chlorinated, cheap pool furniture, 2 non-sensible dog "parks" and I say that loosely. They have nothing but a pet poo station and mulch. No one uses them, according to my neighbors, mulching isn't good for the pups. They just put in a BBQ/picnic area right behind the pool area. We have several kids in the community but they still have yet to install a playground. They cannot use space as an excuse because the perfect place for one is next to the pool-a big open space under big oak trees.
The retention pond is disgusting with no aerator to circulate water so there's usually loads of algae floating. Don't park on the sidewalk or swell, you'll get towed. Parking is horrible. Not enough guest spaces or you have a certain resident who parks their 4 cars in the few spaces near my home (the rest are on the other side of the property).
The community itself is nice-quiet, gates always work, always fixed timely when needed. Landscaping is kept up. Property was just repainted last year in a nice satin paint so it's easier to clean.
The homes have awesome layouts with lofts upstairs.
Typical cookie cutter place...144 units, small buildings unlike Valhalla (loads of units in 1 building).

But again, board members are terrible, president is downright rude. I know he gets kickbacks, look at his yard as compared to everyone else (along with an outrageously budgeted landscaping allowance a month).

The name of our HOA management company is Rizzetta & Company, Inc.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:37 PM

Oh yeah. They are jerks. They have dropped warnings on us before for a couple of stupid things. We got a warning for having out trash cans out...on trash day, get that.
This community was on the news a few yrs ago because the HOA made a hole in a home owners exterior wall to shut off the water-since they weren't paying the HOA fee. The HOA didn't know that regardless if they paid or not, they cannot do that.

But the company sucks. The property manager tried to talk to me like I was an idiot and I had had to pull the I'm a property manager card too. Then she hopped on my leak issue. They don't do much of anything, I don't know why we still use them.

Quote:
Thats the same HOA I dealt with when we bought and flipped a brand new home in Meadow Pointe and litterally 2 days after closing we received a violation letter from the HOA on a brand new property...I was surprised at the time since I expected a welcome letter. Of course there wasn't any violation!

Maybe Pam Washburn who run New River will also face legal issues for foreclosing so fast without returning calls so owners didn't have a way to get a hold of anyone, incl. the lawyer she used.
‘Foreclosure king’ David Stern may be disbarred in Florida

Old 11-26-2013, 05:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,372 times
Quote:
Lately a lot of communities ar changing their property managers and not just the managers but the entire company is fired.

One of the largest companies like Rampart is being let go at numerous communities and New River Township on 54 just changed from Premier Community Consultants Inc, run by Pamela Washburn to another company since the person in charge Pam Washburn seemed to run a company where no employees wanted to stay and many home owners got fines or even a lien for BS issues and the HOA needs to eat all that money since it was wrongly charged. For a long time Pam seem to have getting away by running it like a dictator but the community stood up and spoke up and now will be having a different management company running their community.

The rules have been changed and it is good that good run communities will make a difference since home owners will be more happy and their values will be able to go up faster since it usually goes hand in hand with good maintenance of the entire community.

HOA's can't be avoided but bad HOA companies can be replaced and should be replaced since these HOA's make most money of fines and not from dues so many overstepping their bounderies to charge BS fees.

As a home owner you shouldn't sit back but step up and speak up and it may take longer but in the end your voice will be heard and can make a difference when you want to sell since buyers read reviews and google names to check out places that get positive feedback.
I truly appreciate your view and admire that yes such companies need to be changed but its like putting a glass of purified water into a sea and expecting that the sea would be purified entirely,, I'm sorry to say this but if I'll consider that you, me, and few more people who used to think like this only but what about the others who used to just do what ever they want irrespective of anything.
I hope that I'd not hurt you while my depiction,,
[url=http://www.kevinbradleyrealtor.com/]RE/MAX of Kentucky - Kevin Bradley[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay