Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 04:26 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Must be nice. A retro-paid vacation and now free passes. Sweet deal at the tax payers expense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax13 View Post
Besides....they should be at work so they can get cracking on that SSI claim of yours. Do you see yourself as the poor, the unfortunate, or the deserving?
No worries, mate. With that attorney you hired, you'll get that tax-free benefit as soon as the House stops playing games and those government employees can get back to doing their jobs and processing your appeal.

For someone looking at bilking the taxpayer them self, I can see where one claiming disability might want to make sure there's enough to go around.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:05 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Really?

Florida Aquarium gets $1 million in federal funding - Tampa Bay Business Journal

"Florida Aquarium gets $1 million in federal funding"
Your share of the funding came to .31487113 of a cent. You can afford it.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:59 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Your share of the funding came to .31487113 of a cent. You can afford it.

Hell at that price I'll pay his share if it'll shut him up. I'll give a whole dollar.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:57 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Besides....they should be at work so they can get cracking on that SSI claim of yours. Do you see yourself as the poor, the unfortunate, or the deserving?
No. We have ample funds no matter what happens and no debt other than a very cheap mortgage. We are doing well financially. I am thinking of the truly poor, unfortunate and/or deserving.

And I have not filed for, nor will I file for, nor would I qualify for SSI. You should learn what SSI is, before you post.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:07 AM

529 posts, read 1,174,858 times
Quote:
No. We have ample funds no matter what happens and no debt other than a very cheap mortgage. We are doing well financially. I am thinking of the truly poor, unfortunate and/or deserving.

And I have not filed for, nor will I file for, nor would I qualify for SSI. You should learn what SSI is, before you post.

I do know the difference between SSI and SSDI. I blamed your emotional rant against Federal Employees on your financial desperation at being denied benefits and having to hire an attorney. My mistake. I see that your financial position is not dire, you have ample funds, and you are just seeking an entitlement that some Federal Employee on paid vacation denied you. Thank you for the clarification.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I do know the difference between SSI and SSDI. I blamed your emotional rant against Federal Employees on your financial desperation at being denied benefits and having to hire an attorney. My mistake. I see that your financial position is not dire, you have ample funds, and you are just seeking an entitlement that some Federal Employee on paid vacation denied you. Thank you for the clarification.
Nice try, but epic fail......LOL!

It's simply about not giving freebies to people on paid vacation, public or private (public in this particular case), when otherwise (not me) needy people could better use them......particularly children, veterans in need and the homeless. But hey, if you do not care about them then that is your business. I am not the judge of your moral compass. I feel blessed to be as fortunate and well off as I am, so my heart breaks when I see all these people in need..........having been there in certain ways in the past. I understand their struggles and would rather see these freebies go to them instead of people on paid vacation, public or private, if they felt the need to give out freebies.

But keep trying to twist my point into something it is not, if that makes you feel better about yourself.

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 10-13-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 10-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
For someone looking at bilking the taxpayer them self, I can see where one claiming disability might want to make sure there's enough to go around.
Sorry to disappointment you son, but let me once again educate you on some things......following your off topic incorrect post.

1) SSDI payments are not bilking the taxpayer. The funds were paid for out of my paycheck from private employers and from private employer contributions. It is basically an insurance policy of which are paid to qualified individuals. Given I have pad my due, meet the medical qualifications, have MRI proof and have multiple doctors stating I am disabled, I will in the end collect the insurance payments that my private employers and I have paid for. Remember, it is in a lockbox. SSI is closer the the welfare case and is not something I have or will ever apply for.

2) Whether or not the Aquarium decides to give free admission to people on paid vacation will have no bearing on me collecting the insurance payments I have paid for. My insurance payments will be retroactive, as will the pay of those on their paid vacation.

Again, nice try.....but epic fail.

Carry on.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:48 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times
Yeah...when was the last time this Aquarium offered free visits to those working minimum wage???? and who are living without the boat load of Gov benefits???

Old 10-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Yeah...when was the last time this Aquarium offered free visits to those working minimum wage???? and who are living without the boat load of Gov benefits???
Wish I could rep you again, but it says I must pass some around first.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:05 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
I can save everyone the hassle.

We love Clearwater and the area but the Aquarium is not worth the price of admission and if something free was handed out deserving or not deserving this would not be something of much value.

Sorry but this place is not what I expected it to be. Ripleys Aquarium in Myrtle Beach SC is better then this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay