U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2013, 11:49 AM

367 posts, read 396,502 times

Advertisements

Are there any places in the Bay area (Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, even Polk County) that have lots of houses decorated for Halloween? We enjoy driving around looking at decorations but this year has been especially sparse. If you know of a good street or neighborhood with Halloween spirit, we'd really like to know about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 03:48 PM

2,763 posts, read 4,671,117 times
Barrington Oaks in Brandon. My friend lives there and we went with them around their 'hood last year. nearly every third house was decked to the 9's. I'm sad we wont be there this year. Also, great place for christmas lights too.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:55 AM

61 posts, read 161,103 times
74th Circle NE in St. Petersburg - Harbor Isle Neighborhood has a pretty amazing haunted house set up.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 6,957 times
WE DO!!! our house is decorated to the extreme! We have a great zombie theme going on this year! come and see for yourself! 4567 33rd ave. N St. Petersburg 33713! and the neighborhood is great for trick or treating!
Attached Thumbnails
Best neighborhoods and streets for Halloween decorations-058.jpg   Best neighborhoods and streets for Halloween decorations-054.jpg  

Old 10-27-2013, 10:55 PM

Woohoo great suggestions! and WOW ZombieChic your house looks amazing! We'll be checking St. Pete out for sure.

Anyone else seen a good Halloween-decorated house lately? So far the only areas I've seen decorations at all are around Lakemont Dr. in Valrico (off of Seffner-Valrico Rd) and on Westshore.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:56 AM

153 posts, read 154,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Barrington Oaks in Brandon. My friend lives there and we went with them around their 'hood last year. nearly every third house was decked to the 9's. I'm sad we wont be there this year. Also, great place for christmas lights too.
Everyone, it's a gated community.

My BF and I stopped by there to "see" Halloween displays over the weekend but couldn't get in. I spoke with one of the residents who told me the gate will be open on Halloween (tomorrow) maybe 'round 6pm.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 PM

We drove around St. Pete tonight - and wow the 18th Ave NE area is a MUST-SEE:

Historic Old NE St. Pete

Almost every single house on 18th was decorated, and they really go all out. It was amazing! The other streets around it (17th, 16th, 14th) also had a lot of decorations. The houses are gorgeous too, since it's the historic area of St. Pete. It was totally worth the drive. People were still putting up decorations tonight so I'd say going on the 30th or 31st gets you the most bang for the buck.

ZombieChic, we drove by your street but all the lights were down . Looked cool from what we could see!

We also went to the house on 74th Circle. Whoah, they have the best graveyard I have ever seen. Ginormous pillars with gargoyles, zombies, a cornfield, a mausoleum....really worth seeing too!

And finally we went to the Radley Haunted House. It was a short walkthrough but they packed a lot of scare into the rooms.

I wish Tampa had as much Halloween spirit as St. Pete does!

Old 10-21-2016, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,243 times
Default Nice Halloween display here

Go to the corner of 113th St. and Walker Ave in Seminole. Display changes a little from year to year, but always great.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloweenaddict View Post
Go to the corner of 113th St. and Walker Ave in Seminole. Display changes a little from year to year, but always great.

Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately year after year it seems that less and less household decorate for Halloween.
Even stores seem to only have Halloween decorations for sale for a week before moving on to Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay