Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:34 PM

5 posts, read 5,737 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am moving to tampa in November for a new job, I will be working about 5-10 mins from Thonotosassa (towards tampa) and am wondering how realistic it would be to live in Town N country. Google maps says it is about a 25-30 min drive but can someone advise me how realistic it would be to expect that drive time daily.

I have found a few places to live in that area that fit my price range and it seems like an area I would like to live but would appreciate some local insight. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 08:23 PM

30,147 posts, read 20,868,388 times
It would be a hell drive day in and out from TNC.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:29 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,115,802 times
Chas is right.

I don't know how others feel, but when it comes to East Hillsborough county (where Thonotosassa is) vs. West Hillsborough county (where Town & Country is), it just seems to me like the routes to get from one to the other are so indirect and congested and it's like a major undertaking to travel from one to the other.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 PM

35,329 posts, read 20,692,861 times
long hard drive why T&C? I happen to live near Oldsmar, so just wondering if you had family over here or something. It be expensive and major major traffic.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:54 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,553,330 times
Spotcrime.com is your friend. Use it to help guide your decision if planning a purchase in TNC. And I echo the responses that it's too far away.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 AM

6,583 posts, read 4,956,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headindownsouth View Post
Hi all,

I am moving to tampa in November for a new job, I will be working about 5-10 mins from Thonotosassa (towards tampa) and am wondering how realistic it would be to live in Town N country. Google maps says it is about a 25-30 min drive but can someone advise me how realistic it would be to expect that drive time daily.

I have found a few places to live in that area that fit my price range and it seems like an area I would like to live but would appreciate some local insight. Thanks
I guess, what is it that you are looking for in a place to live, TNC doesnt have much going for it other than its close to the airport, westshore, veterans highway and its somewhat affordable. I dont know how much you care to be close to those employment centers being that your job is on Thonotasassa, so TNC doesnt make much sense unless you want to be closer to the beach than eastern hillsborough. if you look at a map look at i-275 and where it meets i-4 a good rule of thumb would be to live on the same side of the junction that you work on, because it backs up considerably you really want to live east of that, eastern hillsborough has some really nice and affordable places, I think you are in an enviable position that you found a job on that side and you can live there without a long commute, unless you are looking for more urban living.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:48 AM

693 posts, read 1,132,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I guess, what is it that you are looking for in a place to live, TNC doesnt have much going for it other than its close to the airport, westshore, veterans highway and its somewhat affordable. I dont know how much you care to be close to those employment centers being that your job is on Thonotasassa, so TNC doesnt make much sense unless you want to be closer to the beach than eastern hillsborough. if you look at a map look at i-275 and where it meets i-4 a good rule of thumb would be to live on the same side of the junction that you work on, because it backs up considerably you really want to live east of that, eastern hillsborough has some really nice and affordable places, I think you are in an enviable position that you found a job on that side and you can live there without a long commute, unless you are looking for more urban living.
Well said. I think its sort of funny that many people want to live in that Land O lakes into Wesley Chapel and into New Tampa but are conflicted with commutes to downtown Tampa and into Pinellas County. You sort of have the best of both worlds in that you can live fairly close to your employment and be in what is a highly desirable area for many home buyers.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:12 AM

5 posts, read 5,737 times
Thank you all for the respones, I am very lost and this has helped tremendously. I did not realize all of this so I will move my search east of the I-275/I-4 junction.

I was hoping to be close to the bay (but this is only a bonus not a requirement) and at least in the general direction of downtonwn tampa or the beach. Would anyone recommned the Davis Islands/Channelside area as a reasonable commute and area to live? I am most concerned about finding a place to live that is safe at night and close to a grocery store, gym, shopping, things to do, etc. I am looking to spend less than 1000/month on rent and am not seriously considering buying anything at this point. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 AM

693 posts, read 1,132,092 times
From what I have read I think it might be tough to get under 1k a month. You would need to supply more info like number of bedrooms and sqft as well as any other important characteristics. Perhaps you will find more affordable rentals moving from Brandon down South to Apollo Beach rather then look at Land O lakes, Wesley Chapel, New Tampa. This would also put you closer to the Bay.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:06 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,556,722 times
If you were to take on that drive everyday, I would recommend a road rage support group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay