Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 01:31 AM

239 posts, read 326,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I don't see it as 'older'. Are you very young or ? Tons of craft beer, bars, restaurants, outdoor venues. Seems really young to me (sp). What am I missing?
Actually you do know that theres craft beer in California also in places that are geared for retiring or getting close to retirement. Dunedin has the oldest brewery for instance and I also see that as a retirement town definitely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 05:46 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,626 times
I'm not in California - ?

Every place I visit repeatedly in downtown SP seems younger and younger or maybe I'm getting old. Bars opening up every day, lots of sports & BEER.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:54 AM

27,207 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I'm not in California - ?

Every place I visit repeatedly in downtown SP seems younger and younger or maybe I'm getting old. Bars opening up every day, lots of sports & BEER.
You're not imagining it. St Pete is thriving with a lot of younger people moving in and it's nowhere near the St Pete of old. If one doesn't have any marketable job skills to bring to the table, finding a job in many cities is going to be an issue and trying to make the city out as the "culprit" isn't changing anything...and only sounds like sour grapes. Moving to a city with more blue collar opportunities is probably the best tact for him. Perhaps Tampa or Lakeland would be a better fit.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
You're not imagining it. St Pete is thriving with a lot of younger people moving in and it's nowhere near the St Pete of old. If one doesn't have any marketable job skills to bring to the table, finding a job in many cities is going to be an issue and trying to make the city out as the "culprit" isn't changing anything...and only sounds like sour grapes. Moving to a city with more blue collar opportunities is probably the best tact for him. Perhaps Tampa or Lakeland would be a better fit.
Ya I'm starting to think so too.

St Pete now makes you believe that its to be geared for young professionals now but truth is what do a lot of these young hipsters bring to the table? trust funds. I am convinced many don't want to work. I have passed by some and heard some of their stupid conversations. I don't think they're productive individuals at all. You see regardless of cities and towns, America has many problems now period. Its just that they're worse in the places that have major job problems. The haves and have nots. Bottom line, people are moving in, leaving whatever city they ruined whether it be Austin, Los Angeles, or wherever and are coming to St Pete and not making it any better. There were already economic problems here, they are just going to be magnified now with everyone coming in pricing it up. I know I am not wrong here.

A great leader needs to come along and balance out the American economy even better and get rid of a lot of undesirables and I got news for you, it isn't always the low income people either.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:42 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InGateway View Post
A great leader needs to come along and balance out the American economy even better and get rid of a lot of undesirables and I got news for you, it isn't always the low income people either.
Who do you recommend? Pol Pot? Mugabe?

Old 03-20-2015, 06:58 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,124,870 times
[quote=Tiger Beer;38896706]Who do you recommend? Pol Pot? Mugabe?[

I sure wish lee iacocca was younger you need a smart business man to run the country and he was a very smart business man.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Who do you recommend? Pol Pot? Mugabe?
Seriously.. something has to be done. And someone as honest as Mugabe would help I won't lie. Get this, he literally told people in his country to get rid of anything white. If you own a white house, PAINT IT. While he wont be invited to any party I have, at least his level of honesty is what we need in a leader. Ron Paul was the closest thing we had. I'd say if not him, google search John De Nugent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay