Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:19 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

why stop at Tampa, St Pete - why not consider going more south to Ft Myers, Port Charlotte, Sarasota?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 06:07 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterMcKyle View Post
Thanks for all the info! We can be flexible in price so I'll take that into consideration. I probably agree with the poster about the beach being nice but once you're there everyday it gets to be ho hum....my wife is hell bent on moving close to the beach though always telling me "if you're able to live by a beach everyday why wouldn't you?" And you know if momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy. haha
It's not that it becomes "ho hum" living/being at the beach...it just becomes unrealistic to experience it as much as you want or THINK you will before moving here because of daily life that gets in the way.

I think a lot of people move here with the beach being in their Top 5 reasons but find out that, while it is awesome having the ease of access to it, you still have normal life and getting there is a challenge at times- especially with everything else there is to do here. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather live as close as we do with the option of hitting the beach at will rather than make a whole vacation or day out of it!

Old 11-14-2013, 08:14 AM

679 posts, read 878,007 times
I bought a condo on the west side of A1A in 2002. I was so excited because all I had to do to go to the beach was walk across the street! The first year, I went to the beach every day I didn't have to work. After all, it was so close! By the second year, I was going twice a week. By 2010, weeks would go by and I would suddenly realize I hadn't been to the beach for a while. Don't get me wrong; it's still a wonderful thing to be that close to the ocean. But after a while you become accustomed, and then suddenly it's too windy, or too hot, or too cold, and you decide to go tomorrow because after all, it's across the street! And then you don't.

Will you have to find jobs? I would find a job first, and let that dictate where you will end up. Good luck!

Old 11-19-2013, 05:01 AM

325 posts, read 255,738 times
Transfers here can be hard to come by, we're still under Article 12 here, however, the consolidations have been done and I've heard unofficially that it will end in February. DM me and I'll give you all the info I have about the current situation and some local info on housing. Are you craft or EAS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay