Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,269 times

Advertisements

I am going to end this thread right now....It seems that OP (who just so happens to be a real estate agent) would rather have this:

than this...

its sad that most of you boomers from up north are selling future generations out for something that tomorrow could be worthless (US Dollar)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 09:46 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
I am going to end this thread right now....It seems that OP (who just so happens to be a real estate agent) would rather have this:

than this...

its sad that most of you boomers from up north are selling future generations out for something that tomorrow could be worthless (US Dollar)
I like having both and one thing I noticed about Florida is we really do have a ton of nature sanctuaries and parks. It's great to have so many to go to, yet have great choices for retail as well. A job well done by Florida IMO. Heck, even our own neighborhood is built on hundreds of acres and much of it reserved as undeveloped nature land for the animals and a great park. And we have tons and tons of deer everywhere, usually in our front yard eating. They put signs up to watch our for all the deer, particularly during mating season. Deer certainly are not running out of places to live, that's for sure.

The one thing that more focus is needed on is refacing some of the old strip malls to look more like the new ones in Oldsmar. Updating is always good.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I like having both and one thing I noticed about Florida is we really do have a ton of nature sanctuaries and parks. It's great to have so many to go to, yet have great choices for retail as well. A job well done by Florida IMO. Heck, even our own neighborhood is built on hundreds of acres and much of it reserved as undeveloped nature land for the animals and a great park.

The one thing that more focus is needed on is refacing some of the old strip malls to look more like the ones in your post. Updating is always good.

I would agree with this, but look at the everglades. It used to stretch out to i-95 and everyday it inches more and more westward. That is what is happening yea it may look nice now, but you should have seen the open space 10, 20 years ago. When will it stop? Thats the thing it doesnt as long as there are PROFITS to be made.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:58 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
I would agree with this, but look at the everglades. It used to stretch out to i-95 and everyday it inches more and more westward. That is what is happening yea it may look nice now, but you should have seen the open space 10, 20 years ago. When will it stop? Thats the thing it doesnt as long as there are PROFITS to be made.
I saw a report where the road they had put in cut part of the everglades off and the water dried up and now they are reworking the road to allow water to flow by it, resaturating the land to bring it back where it once was.....as much as possible. As a half tree hugger and half progress lover, I like the fact that there is a lot more emphasis on nature here.........but I realize we are also part of nature and have a right to expand as well. I am sure not every single development is done the best way, but of all the places we have lived, it seems like the best balance is here. Just really wish they would also reface some of the older places. People naturally get drawn to the new look.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:04 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
It is insane that they are developing the Everglades. A couple of years ago I flew into Ft. Lauderdale from the Gulf. I looked down to see houses built on what appeared to be small islands of land with a road going through for access. There was nothing out there but these small collections of houses. I wondered who in their right mind would live out there where the small islands of land could be easily overtaken by some good rainfall.

By the way, this is a capitalistic society. Profits are the driving force of the economy.

Quote:

Old 11-17-2013, 06:01 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:

than this...

Thanks for posting this. I really like both combined and where I live we have both. Sadly sometimes you will see the deer next to the road laying after they got hid by a car.

I live in Wesley Chapel and close by our community there are cows, horses, deer, etc. On the Bruce B. Downs across from Seven Oaks you can also see all kind of animals as well as on St. Rd 56.

Btw I know people who were born here and their parents were from this area as well and it very nice to hear how it was back in the days and so far all of them like the way it has become. None ofthem are complaining about it since they are financially better off, although they all lost hours of work due to the economy but they are glad that they still have a job.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:19 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,086 times
There's nothing wrong with an outlet mall in of itself.

The problem I have is that politicians and developers are acting like they're doing you a favor by opening ANYTHING. They act like commerce would have never happened had they used your tax dollars to subsidize the development. Open all the outlet malls you want. I just hope they aren't getting special treatment from our government.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
There's nothing wrong with an outlet mall in of itself.

The problem I have is that politicians and developers are acting like they're doing you a favor by opening ANYTHING. They act like commerce would have never happened had they used your tax dollars to subsidize the development. Open all the outlet malls you want. I just hope they aren't getting special treatment from our government.
Too be honest...I never heard any politician talk about this mall and neither the developer...I just have been reading about it in the local Laker and how one couple tied this from happening by filing court case after court case!

I have seen a very small group of people doing things like that in Europe while the majority wants things to move along and things to happen and that is annoying. If the majority is against it than I would say that democracy has spoken but in the case of this mall it was certainly not the case.

There will always be pro and con sides on any decision.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

By the way, this is a capitalistic society. Profits are the driving force of the economy.
...and that is my whole basis for argument. Destroying great lands and having no self respect for something that could (in theory) be worthless tomorrow.

Its not just about developer profits either. Look at what corporate america has become. You have people now working 50,60 hours a week and making $35,000.00 a year. Not to veer into an economic argument here, but albeit the most efficient form economics TODAY it needs to evolve before we destroy ourselves over a piece of paper with an imaginary value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay