Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 01:55 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,892,988 times

Advertisements

Dog injured, another killed by bees in St. Pete - WFLA News Channel 8

Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 03:24 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,332,972 times
Your post makes it seem like the bees killed humans.

Last edited by Sunscape; 11-08-2013 at 03:45 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 05:20 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
Maybe those bees need to swarm on the owner, not the dog.

"Killer bees" which are Africanized Honey Bees attack in swarms when their nest is disturbed. The victim of an attack gets a lot of stings. Some one may be able to tolerate that while another person will die due to their allergic reaction to the venom. Its not the venom itself, its the amount of venom from numerous stings that kill.

If you don't think they kill people, do a little research on Larry Goodwin of Texas.

Last edited by Sunscape; 11-08-2013 at 03:46 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 06:23 PM

That is why I choose to live in the very urban area of cities. I don't have to worry about weird bugs biting and stinging me! If someone wants to live next to the bees then they might get stung. If I was being attacked by bees, I would simply leave the area that bees are hanging out at. I've grown up with bees, wasps, hornets, ants, and just about every other type of biting and stinging insect. If you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:24 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,118,057 times
You should learn more about Africanized Honey bees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
That is why I choose to live in the very urban area of cities. I don't have to worry about weird bugs biting and stinging me! If someone wants to live next to the bees then they might get stung. If I was being attacked by bees, I would simply leave the area that bees are hanging out at. I've grown up with bees, wasps, hornets, ants, and just about every other type of biting and stinging insect. If you leave them alone, they leave you alone.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Here's the problem with what you posted.

1) This happened in an urban area.

2) The owner states she never knew the 80,000 bees were in her house.

3) The victims were not bothering the bees.

4) Africanized bees do not "leave you alone".

It would be nice if people had the facts before making claims.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
You should learn more about Africanized Honey bees.
Don't need to. I won't ever live next to them.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Here's the problem with what you posted.

1) This happened in an urban area.

2) The owner states she never knew the 80,000 bees were in her house.

3) The victims were not bothering the bees.

4) Africanized bees do not "leave you alone".

It would be nice if people had the facts before making claims.
Urban? I bet she lives on a street with yards and ponds and nature around her. Yes, that is urban, by the definition. I mean that I live in very urban areas. I sleep 10-20 feet away from my neighbor. South Tampa is the only area that fits my liking. I love population density. Wherever people live in large numbers the bugs stay away.

I can only imagine the filthy home she kept if there were 80,000 bees living in her house! I'm not surprised actually. Pit bull owners aren't exactly known for their good habits.

Trust, those bees would be dead in my home before they made it to a 100. I am a nature killer. I hate bugs, lizards, birds, and even dogs. A bee in my home would poisoned in a new york minute.

Lets pretend for a second though that I am being attacked by a raging swarm of bees. I am always close to an indoor area, so I can simply run inside a safety zone.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Urban? I bet she lives on a street with yards and ponds and nature around her. Yes, that is urban, by the definition. I mean that I live in very urban areas. I sleep 10-20 feet away from my neighbor. South Tampa is the only area that fits my liking. I love population density. Wherever people live in large numbers the bugs stay away.

I can only imagine the filthy home she kept if there were 80,000 bees living in her house! I'm not surprised actually. Pit bull owners aren't exactly known for their good habits.

Trust, those bees would be dead in my home before they made it to a 100. I am a nature killer. I hate bugs, lizards, birds, and even dogs. A bee in my home would poisoned in a new york minute.

Lets pretend for a second though that I am being attacked by a raging swarm of bees. I am always close to an indoor area, so I can simply run inside a safety zone.
Would be nice if you knew what you were talking about, before you say it.

The home the bees were in was not the pit bull owners home.

You think you would know what to do if you were being swarmed by them? Again, educate yourself about these types of bees.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,467 times
Hmmmm, If you don't think there are "bugs" etc., in urban areas, you're sadly mistaken. Africanized honey bees are agressive. You can't just "run indoors" to get away from them. PriusH8ter is right. You need to do some research before you post drivel.

Last edited by Sunscape; 11-08-2013 at 03:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay