Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 05:02 PM

166 posts, read 321,785 times

Advertisements

Next 3 against Toronto.....Then to Boston!

This week is going to be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 05:19 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim131 View Post
Hey All, Rays fan here from Ireland, going again for the first time in 4 years, thinking of going to see them play the Astros on the 19th and 20th of June - worth while splashing the extra few dollars to get the duffell bag??

Also, just going to go for the 16 Dollar tickets, was thinking just behing the home plate to the left, but what is this party deck, are they good seats? Was thinking of sitting there one of the nights?

Also any advice on parking? Was thinking of going to a place called fergs for a few beers leaving the car and coming back for some wings after!

Also, great result last night!!
I personally don't care for the party deck or any outfield seat honestly, but that is just my preference.

I think the best seats in the house for the money are in the upper deck from 1st base all the way around to 3rd. I don't think the tickets in the lower levels are worth it to me and I don't feel like the viewing angle is as good as the uppers...you're just...closer. The mid-level 200 section is pretty good and probably worth the few extra bucks.

I also have to say I don't care for Fergs either. Since they are one of the few close establishments to the Trop, they can get away with some things like terrible food and slow service. If I was eating very close to the Trop, it would be at Ricky P's Orleans Bistro...or for one of the best burgers in Tampa Bay, I'd go to The Burg Bar & Grill- but be warned, it is TEENY TINY!

You can park downtown in the parking garage for $5 and enjoy any of the bars/restaurants downtown...then take a free trolley right to the gates of the stadium. Hard to beat that...and sure as hell beats Fergs to me!

Old 05-26-2014, 09:27 AM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
I was at Saturday's game in the 6th row behind home plate......1st row of blue seats after black VIP seats end.

I got the tix for free but they were awesome seats, $160 a ticket face value was a lot in my opinion. Kid in front of me paid $300 a seat for VIP (includes free food/booze/etc) but then again he won the Powerball for 50mm last year so he could afford it!

Great game, Sox blew that 5-0 lead......Glad to see Nava back in the major league! Papi came out in the 10th inning, did nothing at the plate but he waved to us while on deck! (dressed in red sox gear)

Old 05-26-2014, 09:35 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I was at Saturday's game in the 6th row behind home plate......1st row of blue seats after black VIP seats end.

I got the tix for free but they were awesome seats, $160 a ticket face value was a lot in my opinion. Kid in front of me paid $300 a seat for VIP (includes free food/booze/etc) but then again he won the Powerball for 50mm last year so he could afford it!

Great game, Sox blew that 5-0 lead......Glad to see Nava back in the major league! Papi came out in the 10th inning, did nothing at the plate but he waved to us while on deck! (dressed in red sox gear)

That's awesome...

I watched the game and the Rays telecast was blacked out so I had to listen to the Boston announcers.. how bush league...they bi$ched the whole time that Gnomes was innocent and the Rays are "babies." I cannot wait for Friday...I'll be glued to the tv

I do not miss the anoying Boston fans..it makes me sick that most live in Florida but do not support the team-

I even had on my Rays gear and wearing more today

Old 05-26-2014, 09:55 AM

Gomes was totally responsible for escalating that pushing/shoving match...he had no business coming from the OF to get involved and throw the first actual punch/shove.

What is funny is that Gomes' career in Tampa Bay ended with him getting into a brawl with the Red Sox.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:22 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
watching Red Sox- Braves games ----pretty interesting game.....and again, the crowd sounds like a Boston Fenway homegame.......

Old 05-26-2014, 02:00 PM

116 posts, read 157,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
I personally don't care for the party deck or any outfield seat honestly, but that is just my preference.

I think the best seats in the house for the money are in the upper deck from 1st base all the way around to 3rd. I don't think the tickets in the lower levels are worth it to me and I don't feel like the viewing angle is as good as the uppers...you're just...closer. The mid-level 200 section is pretty good and probably worth the few extra bucks.

I also have to say I don't care for Fergs either. Since they are one of the few close establishments to the Trop, they can get away with some things like terrible food and slow service. If I was eating very close to the Trop, it would be at Ricky P's Orleans Bistro...or for one of the best burgers in Tampa Bay, I'd go to The Burg Bar & Grill- but be warned, it is TEENY TINY!

You can park downtown in the parking garage for $5 and enjoy any of the bars/restaurants downtown...then take a free trolley right to the gates of the stadium. Hard to beat that...and sure as hell beats Fergs to me!
Thanks a lot! Yeah, when we last went, we were in the nosebleeds to the left, which I found to be quite good seats as yeah you're far away but you can still see everything, so might go to the right side this time, we'll see

Is there more than one place to park in the downtown area, and the trolley to the game, its straight from downtown, it sounds like a good idea to do it that way, but we don't know St Pete at all, so any names of streets etc, would be immensely helpful.

Thank you once again!!

Old 05-26-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim131 View Post
Thanks a lot! Yeah, when we last went, we were in the nosebleeds to the left, which I found to be quite good seats as yeah you're far away but you can still see everything, so might go to the right side this time, we'll see

Is there more than one place to park in the downtown area, and the trolley to the game, its straight from downtown, it sounds like a good idea to do it that way, but we don't know St Pete at all, so any names of streets etc, would be immensely helpful.

Thank you once again!!
You can park in 2 garages and take the trolley:

1. The first one is above the restaurant/bar called Midtown Sundries. In fact, if you park in this garage (the cost is $5)...and dine or get a drink at Midtown Sundries, then they will validate your parking with a voucher. So it's like free parking and/or $5 off food/drinks. Food isn't bad at all, I've ate their twice and been satisfied each time.

2. The other garage is across the street, it's called the McNulty garage. $5 to park and the trolley will pick you up downstairs. You can see the other garage and Midtown Sundries from the corner where the trolley pickup is at.

You can't miss the trolley because they will say "Baseball Shuttle" on the outside.

Both garages are at the intersection of 1st Ave South & 2nd St South...Midtown Sundries is on southwest corner and McNulty garage is on northwest corner.

All are one block away from Central Ave...where you will find many restaurants and bars.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:26 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
After 6 pm and during weekends, you can usually find free metered parking on the street - just don't take mine.....I usually take the trolley and rarely pay for parking

Old 05-26-2014, 03:09 PM

116 posts, read 157,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
You can park in 2 garages and take the trolley:

1. The first one is above the restaurant/bar called Midtown Sundries. In fact, if you park in this garage (the cost is $5)...and dine or get a drink at Midtown Sundries, then they will validate your parking with a voucher. So it's like free parking and/or $5 off food/drinks. Food isn't bad at all, I've ate their twice and been satisfied each time.

2. The other garage is across the street, it's called the McNulty garage. $5 to park and the trolley will pick you up downstairs. You can see the other garage and Midtown Sundries from the corner where the trolley pickup is at.

You can't miss the trolley because they will say "Baseball Shuttle" on the outside.

Both garages are at the intersection of 1st Ave South & 2nd St South...Midtown Sundries is on southwest corner and McNulty garage is on northwest corner.

All are one block away from Central Ave...where you will find many restaurants and bars.
Great, thanks for the wealth of information!! I will be sure to ark at the Midtown Sundries. Food ;ooks pretty good, all I need to decide is whether to eat before or after the game haha.

Glad to hear the trolley is signposted well, looking forward to the game now, thinking of going to two games actually!!

Thanks once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
After 6 pm and during weekends, you can usually find free metered parking on the street - just don't take mine.....I usually take the trolley and rarely pay for parking
Hahah, can't make any promises... but I might see you there, cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay