Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 07:09 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
....snip....
I have not seen any highly rated restaurants or chefs who earn awards or even nominated for awards opening restaurants in the suburbs..

Now you have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 09:27 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Now you have!
No I have not. I am sure you are more than able to do some research, Chad Johnson, Greg Baker,Robert Masson, Mary Paff, Richard Bottini, Jeannine Pierola. Your guy seems to be running a catering business right now, listen again I am trying not to bad mouth someone who I am sure is a nice person, and a perfectly good cook but not, ok I'll say recognized as one of our top chefs. Art any rate I had already said uncle, there is no need for the "now you have " antics.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yma1956 View Post
I need to find an area to live in that is not YAHOO I am from ny would like to be closer to metro area of Tampa but work in spring hill willing to be in the middle w/ some expected travel time to both wk and play I am single and young 57 wanting a social life .....what to do?????? pls help!!!
If you are going to be living in Tampa why would you want to work in SpringHill?
You should really make a trip to the area before making the big commitment, i got a feeling your perceptions of Florida arent in line with the reality of Florida.
What type of job are you looking for because at 57yrs old opportunities will be sparce

Last edited by jambo101; 11-28-2013 at 01:42 AM..

Old 11-28-2013, 05:41 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,823,614 times
It sounds like the OP already has the job lined up.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:56 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,202,404 times
I suggest that you come and check the commute and places. Some of the people who are suggesting Northern Pinellas really have no idea about the commute to Spring Hill.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:58 AM

SpringHill only became somewhat of a northern suburb of Tampa when the Suncoast parkway was opened a few years ago, before that Springhill was just too far away to be considered or a commute down hwy19 was just too much hassle IMO.
If your job is in Springhill i'd live in the Springhill area and partake of the local bar scene during the week, perhaps do the Tampa/St Pete thing on the weekends.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:26 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,126,258 times
FYI, he does not run a "catering business". Active Food Management owns and operates Sioux City Steakhouse, New Port Richey. He works there as an executive chef, he does not own it. Howe's experience and past accomplishments are noteworthy.

I know you are not trying to badmouth anyone, but you had stated that you didnt know of any suburban restaurants which were/are highly rated. There are. Just trying to keep the facts straight and dispel mis information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
No I have not. I am sure you are more than able to do some research, Chad Johnson, Greg Baker,Robert Masson, Mary Paff, Richard Bottini, Jeannine Pierola. Your guy seems to be running a catering business right now, listen again I am trying not to bad mouth someone who I am sure is a nice person, and a perfectly good cook but not, ok I'll say recognized as one of our top chefs. Art any rate I had already said uncle, there is no need for the "now you have " antics.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:29 AM

19 posts, read 25,731 times
Default poss spring hill job

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
SpringHill only became somewhat of a northern suburb of Tampa when the Suncoast parkway was opened a few years ago, before that Springhill was just too far away to be considered or a commute down hwy19 was just too much hassle IMO.
If your job is in Springhill i'd live in the Springhill area and partake of the local bar scene during the week, perhaps do the Tampa/St Pete thing on the weekends.

that certainly sounds like the plan good advice but would u be able to suggest nice areas in which to live that is affordable rent and safe??

ty

amy

Old 11-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yma1956 View Post
that certainly sounds like the plan good advice but would u be able to suggest nice areas in which to live that is affordable rent and safe??

ty

amy
I cant help on that one as its a long time since i actually resided in the area and now only go to Springhill to see Mom and Dad a couple of times a year. Google might be your best bet
https://www.google.ca/#q=Apartments+...da&safe=active
.Perhaps Craigslist but its covering a very wide area.
hernando co apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay