Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 04:50 AM

86 posts, read 421,772 times

Advertisements

I am looking at purchasing a 3 r double mobile in the village of tampa, which is a mobile home community right around bearss ave.

I was wondering if it was a good area, or if anyone knows anything about the park

I appreciate any input.

thanks

shawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 05:44 PM

Still hoping for some advice, if possible

shawn

Old 11-28-2007, 05:51 PM

205 posts, read 986,624 times
Bearss and what??? Is this the mobile home community off Skipper and Nebraska right off Bearss?? If so, I would advise you to rethink....It may not be....give me more info on the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svbusdriver View Post
I am looking at purchasing a 3 r double mobile in the village of tampa, which is a mobile home community right around bearss ave.

I was wondering if it was a good area, or if anyone knows anything about the park

I appreciate any input.

thanks

shawn

Old 11-28-2007, 06:07 PM

Nevermind, I did my own research and it is the mobile home community I am thinking of...If I were you I would run, not walk, away from there. That area is very dirty. Directly across the street is a bright yellow busted up 24-hour daycare which sits less than 10 feet from a busted up kwiki mart with wrought iron bars on the front windows....if that does not tell you enough you could always judge by the run down apartment complex up and across the street about 100 feet or so, OR you could check out the day labor place where the homeless abound on the corner of Nebraska and Skipper. There's always the lovely ladies of the night on Nebraska as well. You could check out the "underground" swingers club on the corner of Nebraska and Bearss right up the street also.

I am NOT exaggerating...if anyone else knows this area feel free to chime in....

If my insight doesn't matter to you, check out Crime Tracker - from TBO.com and type in the zip code.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,044,941 times
I would agree about the nebraska location.. not good at all. I would recommend you check out mobilehome parks in area code 33615. If you are over 55 there are several nice safe parks off of Shelton Road. If you are younger, there are a couple of parks in the same area that would meet your needs. I delivered Meals on Wheels to ppl in several parks there. Several have security on premise.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:38 PM

192 posts, read 1,161,049 times
On Sheldon Rd - as Keeper mentioned - are numerous adult-occupied trailer parks and yesterday I was in one called Sheldon West. It appeared clean and tidy and some neighbors were chatting across from the property line hedge.....and I saw a community center. It looked to be smaller than most with maybe (I'm guessing) 50 or 60 MH's. There also were a few for sale signs in front of some.

Good luck in your search.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:50 PM

Wow!

I appreciate the input. At this point I am not eligible for the 55+ Community. I am 43 with a 16 year old son.

I talked to the sales guy there a week ago and he told me how safe the park is...lol. go figure.

I figure I will need to get my start there at first in a mobile home. Then move up later.

thanks

shawn

Old 11-29-2007, 07:53 PM

You can do MUCH better as far as mobile homes go. That area is horrid...you do not want to have a child living there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svbusdriver View Post
Wow!

I appreciate the input. At this point I am not eligible for the 55+ Community. I am 43 with a 16 year old son.

I talked to the sales guy there a week ago and he told me how safe the park is...lol. go figure.

I figure I will need to get my start there at first in a mobile home. Then move up later.

thanks

shawn

Old 11-29-2007, 08:36 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,044,941 times
The one Tony mentioned is really nice.. I think it is open to all ages.

The village of Tampa mobilehome park is on Skipper road, although that area is questionable as well. That area as a whole is not a good place.

Check out Three Lakes MHP on Sheldon. The HS in the area is only a few years old and I think pretty good.

There is also Carefree village on Sheldon. I have been in there and it seems to be a nice place.

There is another I remember called Country Lakes I think, on Sheldon, it wasn't as nice as the others the last time I went through there but that could have changed.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:51 PM

i must say that the three lakes one sounds a whole lot more appealing, and I am going to call them tomorrow since they dont appear to have a website.

thanks!

shawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: