Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 05:41 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,181,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
.....then you start to have more of these incidents.....

Deputies: Man injured in Riverview 'road rage' | Hillsborough
Exactly. That's what happens when you jam people with varying problems, backgrounds, customs, lifestyles, etc. together like rats, all on top of one another in a bunch of overpriced utility profit delivery systems known as houses. Because they're so special and don't want to be "disrespected" for acting like a-holes and endangering others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 05:48 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,915,723 times
^^^ I couldn't have said it better. Sad to say, I still like FL and I'm not going to bash it like I used to but all these things (above) are kinda true. Too many ppl with too many problems/backgrounds/customs.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:42 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,012,754 times
Florida was great until I realized I was one of the few that was born here.

As for road rage, my favorite is the guy who decided he was going to merge, right in front of me, on Dale Mabry at about one in the morning. I honked while swerving into the next lane (he was that close) and then he flicked me off. If you happen to be on this forum, hopefully you enjoyed my pulling in front of you in second .

Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 AM

I had a young lady make a wide turn and almost hit me as I was waiting at the stop sign. She came within a foot or so of swiping me. She started yelling (and probably cursing) at me in spanish.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Florida was great until I realized I was one of the few that was born here.

As for road rage, my favorite is the guy who decided he was going to merge, right in front of me, on Dale Mabry at about one in the morning. I honked while swerving into the next lane (he was that close) and then he flicked me off. If you happen to be on this forum, hopefully you enjoyed my pulling in front of you in second .

I was born here! Lol. Not too many of us left tho.

Signed,

Native Floridian (1 of 8,315).

Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,020,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I was born here! Lol. Not too many of us left tho.

Signed,

Native Floridian (1 of 8,315).
Awe...Is the Florida cracker on the endangered species list? So sad

I'm a native Floridian myself. St. Joseph's Hospital on Buffalo Ave, 4 decades ago.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:49 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Guess moving out of the state will be in my long term plans - once I get my fill of Bucs' games, Rays, Bolts, Bulls - and all the concerts that the Fla Orchestra offer, and the Straz performances, and all the golf and PGA events, and then there's the Tampa Bay Downs....etc etc....so much to do here. But the time will come to move elsewhere for the serenity.
You don't have to move out of state for serenity. Just find a more rural area. Cities tend to have more traffic. Get out of the metro area and you can find areas with very light traffic. Sounds like you like what the city has to offer. With that 'action' also comes traffic. It's a catch 22

Old 01-02-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Awe...Is the Florida cracker on the endangered species list? So sad

I'm a native Floridian myself. St. Joseph's Hospital on Buffalo Ave, 4 decades ago.
It is sad. Most have gone to NC/SC/GA.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:31 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
You want peace in Fla-- stay of of the city! I have driven to see my Grand in Marianna... pure sticks,, they do have great shrimp! but there are soooo many places that are beautiful n quiet on panhandle etc. Ocala, St Augustine area..I like city,,, hustle n bustle, not that happy about old mean tourist- I left Clearwater with a bad taste in my mouth - can't you tell... but in Miami you need to fly or die.. and best keep your mouth shut and eyes on the road as well... I don't know- although it was crowded there I just feel the driving part was easier. But really you want that quiet life style why are you in a city environment?

Old 01-03-2014, 09:49 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
You poised an excellent question at the end of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You want peace in Fla-- stay of of the city! I have driven to see my Grand in Marianna... pure sticks,, they do have great shrimp! but there are soooo many places that are beautiful n quiet on panhandle etc. Ocala, St Augustine area..I like city,,, hustle n bustle, not that happy about old mean tourist- I left Clearwater with a bad taste in my mouth - can't you tell... but in Miami you need to fly or die.. and best keep your mouth shut and eyes on the road as well... I don't know- although it was crowded there I just feel the driving part was easier. But really you want that quiet life style why are you in a city environment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay