Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 12:21 PM

440 posts, read 595,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
Wish I could say the same, second storm this week (and working from home yet again) with a third on its way this weekend...
Ahh how i don't miss that at all. Hang in there, just a couple more months if your lucky before it warms back up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 01:34 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
No, I wish. Mid May for sure......but may try April as it is excellent post surgery therapy.
Your right. I've been away from there for a while. I forgot how short the pool season actually is without running a heater of some sort.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:35 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Your right. I've been away from there for a while. I forgot how short the pool season actually is without running a heater of some sort.
Yep. Much shorter than I would have thought. I still have the heater (not sure if it works) and I had them remove the propane tank as we had no plans to pay all that kind of money to use a pool when it is not hot out. However after my spinal surgery 50/50 stopped paralysis for now / resulted in nerve damage and increased pain due to the tight area they were working in, I would love to hop in the pool to see if it is as helpful as it was last year before the surgery. But with me permanently out of work due to multiple spinal issues, we really should watch the dollars, therefore I will just wait another 3 months and then hop in.

Here's hoping it helps and that they pass the medical marihuana bill in Florida.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:58 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Quote:
Yep. Much shorter than I would have thought. I still have the heater (not sure if it works) and I had them remove the propane tank as we had no plans to pay all that kind of money to use a pool when it is not hot out. However after my spinal surgery 50/50 stopped paralysis for now / resulted in nerve damage and increased pain due to the tight area they were working in, I would love to hop in the pool to see if it is as helpful as it was last year before the surgery. But with me permanently out of work due to multiple spinal issues, we really should watch the dollars, therefore I will just wait another 3 months and then hop in.

Here's hoping it helps and that they pass the medical marihuana bill in Florida.
Puff away

Old 02-05-2014, 04:40 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
2 humid today.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:17 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Back to my kind of weather.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:17 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
I got excited today watching the windflow off the Gulf creating storms. Thunderstorm season will be here right after the upcoming most likely awesome Spring. Love that gulf seabreeze in the summer, along with higher dew points to create thunderstorms!

But I will enjoy the balance of winter and the upcoming Spring first.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:01 AM

325 posts, read 441,316 times
Quote:
We are ALL SO Happy for you!

Old 02-07-2014, 05:00 AM

892 posts, read 1,576,492 times
Quote:
I got excited today watching the windflow off the Gulf creating storms. Thunderstorm season will be here right after the upcoming most likely awesome Spring. Love that gulf seabreeze in the summer, along with higher dew points to create thunderstorms!

Once again....

You fail to understand what is happening with the weather and what causes certain weather around here...

The rain and "storms"??? yesterday didn't have anything to do with the "windflow" coming off of the Gulf...

That was weather ahead of a mild cold front that passed over the area yesterday and the wind direction had (and will have) a clockwise change in direction from before, during, and after the cold front passes. Low pressure approaches from the west, then it is overhead, then it moves east...then high pressure approaches from the west, then it is overhead, then it moves east...

That is what determines the wind direction this time of year...and the approaching cold fronts and their "behavior" determines how much rain we get and for how long we'll get it...

The Gulf water temp in our area is between 60 and 62 degrees right now....

The Gulf "windflow" is not generating those "storms"

The cold fronts are.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:37 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
All I know is this cloud cover is depressing. There's only so much Vitamin D I can take. I need some sunshine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay